The hotel appears relatively new. It's convenient to Hwy 58. The lobby area was bright and clean. The staff was polite and efficient. The room itself was in good order, clean and no problems. The night I was there, the hotel was full, but I didn't notice noise from other guests. However, as previous reviewers have mentioned, there's at least two railroad tracks near the hotel, and trains traveled through all night long. I left the A/C unit running, so was able to get some rest, but still heard them. If you're a light sleeper, definitely a consideration.
The 'free breakfast' at Hampton Inn's has went downhill, in my opinion. I've noticed this at other Hampton properties, so I don't consider it a knock against this particular property. The 'eggs' are dry/crumbly, the pastries appear prepackaged therefore dry. The best option is the waffles that you make yourself.
I gave the hotel a '4' rating, based only on the property and staff. If I took the area into account, I would have knocked it down to a 2 or 3. A nice hotel, but just be aware of the noise, if that bothers you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is a upgraded property with outstanding service and superior accomodations. The moment you walk into the friendly open lobby of this property, you sense the unique ambiance and quality. With 64 traditional rooms and 30 spacious suites, the inn provides high-end amenities, complete with friendly staff. Our famous Cloud Nine bedding provides ultimate in comfort for a restful sleep. We are minutes from downtown and great shopping opportunities. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield prides itself on the many dining options within walking distance, including Denny's directly adjacent to the property. All suites feature a wet bar with a microwave, and refrigerator. Our Suites are enticing to families traveling or other business travelers seeking high quality. An in-room desk and complimentary high-speed Internet access are standard. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield serves a "Hot on the House" complimentary breakfast from 6 to 10 AM daily and provides on the go breakfast bags during the week. A large meeting room with space for up to 65 suitable for corporate retreats or small meetings. Of special interest are the large outdoor heated pool and spa providing a welcome break from your long day. We also feature a fitness room, a 24-hour Business Center, a 24-hour suite shop. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is directly off the freeway providing excellent location to downtown or other exciting stopping points in Bakersfield. We look forward to seeing you at the all new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield...we love having you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca Hotel Bakersfield