Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58
$99
$91
$132
$127
All reviewsa hilton honors memberroom was cleanfast foodoff the highwayindustrial areanice hoteleasy accessstay there againcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruita great place to staythe breakfast areanice staywaffleslas vegasparking lotone night stay
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here twice.
Nice new hotel.  Large rooms. Rooms have a mini fridge and microwave, a flat screen tv with lots of stations.
Wireless internet connection was decent on the second floor, but slow on the fourth floor. Thin walls. Can hear other rooms' phone ring and conversations.
They are stingy with their towels.  Both stays, there were only 2 sets of towels in the bathroom.
Breakfast area is large with plenty of seating.
There is a Jack in the Box and a Denny's in walking distance. McDonald's and Burger King also close by.  There are a few gas stations in this area, and nothing else.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a very nice hotel and I would definately recommend it. They said it was three years old but to me it looked brand new. The rooms are huge, clean and very well appointed. They have a really nice hot breakfast which was clean, well presented, lots of choices and the food was good. They messed up my reservation at first and I almost didn't get a room and I was really angry about it but while the very nice, very helpful clerk was assisting me in finding another room elsewhere, a cancellation came in and with some juggling of rooms around the clerk was able to get me a room for my two night stay. You can't be angry about that.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This place can't handle large groups. While we were there a large group of women golfers were there. We waited for a half hour to check in and I made the reservation 6 months prior to our arrival. I waited two hours to use the washer. I had to wash clothes at 11 pm and then dry them in the morning. There was two washers and one dryer; hardly enough for a large hotel and many people were waiting to use them. When you advertise a laundry room as an amenity, guests must be able to use them. I shouldn't have to consider using the laundry area at the nearby truck stop. Breakfast was large and they offered many varieties, except again, couldn't handle the large group of people. Many things were gone by 8:30 and when the potatoes were replenished, they were still frozen. At least Starbucks is nearby for great coffee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed for one night in this hotel as a stop between Vegas/Death Valley and Yosemite. The manager (Antonio) gave us a very friendly welcome. We had a room with a King bed. Room was spacious and clean. Good bed. The only (small) minus was that the A/C unit was a bit loud. As it was not that warm we turned it off. Free breakfast in the morning was basic but good. Free Wifi available in the hotel.

It is a typical highway hotel, which provides what you want: confortable clean rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is just outside Bakersfield. Had a call from reception checking everything was ok on arrival.

The room was fine but some noise from door closing and conversation from the room next door during the small hours. Bed was acceptable. We were unable to run AC during the night as too loud. In summary an ok hotel for one night and well located. Dennys is next door – the pot roast is recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Youngfletch,

It was a pleasure to have had you as our Guest. I apologize for the noise level during your stay. It’s our pleasure to take the time out to follow up with our guests when making it up to their room. It’s or pleasure to be of service as well. Denny’s, Great food at a great price, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay over all. If you ever need any help with future reservations or just need any information of our brand please feel free to connect to us. We look forward to your next arrival. Have a great summer....