I'll just get right to it - this hotel has a noise issue, and I'm not a noise whiner. First, the train. It passes near the hotel and there is apparently a need for the horn to blast right as it passes by - any time of day. Not the hotel's fault but the location must have been researched by someone...
Next, and more noticeable and frequent, are random loud thuds everywhere, from all sides, including from above. You have no idea who's doing it, in order to complain...for all i know, people could be just walking. That's how "acoustic" this place is.
And if you get a good night's sleep, you may enjoy listening to a vacuum cleaner in the dining room during breakfast.
But the front desk people are friendly - very much so. I like that the hotel is slightly out of town. It looks like it was built in a place that's kind of up and coming, and things are being built around it. There are several fast food places to eat, a Starbucks but not much else.
I may stay here again if I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is a upgraded property with outstanding service and superior accomodations. The moment you walk into the friendly open lobby of this property, you sense the unique ambiance and quality. With 64 traditional rooms and 30 spacious suites, the inn provides high-end amenities, complete with friendly staff. Our famous Cloud Nine bedding provides ultimate in comfort for a restful sleep. We are minutes from downtown and great shopping opportunities. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield prides itself on the many dining options within walking distance, including Denny's directly adjacent to the property. All suites feature a wet bar with a microwave, and refrigerator. Our Suites are enticing to families traveling or other business travelers seeking high quality. An in-room desk and complimentary high-speed Internet access are standard. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield serves a "Hot on the House" complimentary breakfast from 6 to 10 AM daily and provides on the go breakfast bags during the week. A large meeting room with space for up to 65 suitable for corporate retreats or small meetings. Of special interest are the large outdoor heated pool and spa providing a welcome break from your long day. We also feature a fitness room, a 24-hour Business Center, a 24-hour suite shop. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is directly off the freeway providing excellent location to downtown or other exciting stopping points in Bakersfield. We look forward to seeing you at the all new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield...we love having you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca Hotel Bakersfield