All reviewsboutique hotelhead honchorooftop barbelvedere restaurantvalet servicefox theaterdowntown bakersfieldcool hotelcorner roomroom serviceroad tripnight's sleepbrimstonefarmaciamaverickwinkshaunted
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed again at the Padre. This is definitely the top hotel in the city. The atmosphere is always electric in the bar. The rooms are all wonderful, from the smallest to the grand ones. Service is top rate from the bell staff, front desk and servers. My only complaint is there is no fitness area and I have to go offsite for that.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hi GolfGuy26! Thanks for the review and the kind words! The Padre is a unique addition to Bakersfield, and we couldn't be more proud! You're in luck - we do have a 24 hour fitness center located in the lower level beneath the lobby for our guests. We hope you can visit us again soon and put that equipment to good use!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Long road trip with 2 mediocre hotels…. but the third night we landed at The Padre Hotel to enjoy a little luxury for a change. We were not disappointed.

We arrived at noon and enjoyed a delicious lunch in the bar. Very cool atmosphere.

The layout of our room was wonderful and the beds and linen, top notch. We liked it so much that we decided to stay in and have room service. We were not disappointed!

All the staff was great.

Room Tip: We were above the nightclub BUT did not hear a thing. We were told ahead of time too, which was thoughtful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Wendy, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The Padre team works hard to ensure every guest has an exceptional visit, and it's great to hear you were able to enjoy the full Padre experience! We hope you can plan another trip and visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love the groovy, cowboy glam décor. The beds are super comfy. It's a fantastic hotel and I have now stayed there twice. They have live music and the food is good. I was working until 2am and room service brought up a sandwich because they don't close.

But what made this trip amazing was Chris K. I interacted with him each stay and he was just phenomenal and kind. My last trip, I stayed a bit too long in the bar and I had forgotten to put something in the mail. I went to get the letter from my room and he noticed me when I returned to the lobby. I was walking to the post office next store. He walked with me, just to make sure everything was ok.

Both times, he's done something over and above to make my trip an 11 out of 10.

And, for the record, the hallway wallpaper is awesome!

Room Tip: They say the 7th floor is haunted, but they lie.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Suzi S

Hello Suzi, thank you for the review! Chris is definitely an asset to the Padre team. From the one-of-a-kind accents like the wallpaper to the top knotch team members, the Padre is the place to be! Thank you for your continued patronage, we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We checked TA before we booked. They were pretty consistent and we were very pleased with what we found. The decor, quality and staff were all excellent. We ate a wonderful meal in the Belvedere Restaurant. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay in Bakersfield

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hi Genevieve! Thank you for the review! The Padre team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Hot off the press: Bakersfield has a 4-star destination hotel that is almost single-handed reviving this ol' cowboy town. Sitting in my elegant room at the newly renovated Padre for my second visit within a month, I am moved to write my first review for TA. Good creative design should be applauded and promoted! The rooms are top-drawer and unique, the food and bar excellent, and the staff (locals like William B) make sure your every wish and need are met. I can't say enough good about this place. It is positively exciting. Check it out. You will come back over and over as have I. Damn straight!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robin R
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hi Robin! Thank you for such a fun review! We all love it when guests have fun with the quirky personality of the Padre. We hope you can visit us again soon, giddy up!