All reviewsboutique hotelhead honchorooftop barbelvedere restaurantvalet servicefox theaterdowntown bakersfieldcool hotelcorner roomroom serviceroad tripnight's sleepbrimstonefarmaciamaverickwinkshaunted
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Nice rooms, great peak a boo glass showers and Excellent service from staff member Chris Kuhn. Modern style furniture and nice big LCD TVs. Nice in hotel bar, restaurant and entertainment. Second level rooftop bar with flaming firepit. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone in the Bakersfield area.

• Stayed: January 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello NHTraveller123! Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As the only boutique hotel in Bakersfield, the Padre definitely takes luxury seriously. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was very appreciative of a particular staff person, Chris Kuhn. I had a bad evening of sleep to the travel the day before. I was not feeling well and it was 2am. Not only was Chris helpful, he spent some time with me chatting outside just to make sure I was ok. He made sure I had everything I needed and watched over me. He went well above expectations and made sure I understood it was company policy to treat the guests that way. I was surprised to say the least that he gave credit to management vs himself.
I am a CEO of a company who is partnered with Chartec here locally; We were booked at the Marriot this upcoming trip at the end of Feb. I have cancelled that booking and will be booking all future stays at the Padre. If all your staff is like Mr. Kuhn, There is no other Hotel that I will book for myself or my staff.

Peter Tessitore CEO
Netlogic Computer Consulting

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter T
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Hello Peter! Thank you so much for the generous review. It's exciting for the Padre team members to see their names on TripAdvisor and Chris is very happy he was able to help make your stay wonderful. We look forward to your future visits to the Padre!

Warm Regards,
Jennifer Johnson
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I loved the decor in this hotel. As a decorator I notice tile, carpet, wall color etc. The wall paper in the halls was a little much. But the room was fabulous. The tile in the bathroom and shower area was absolutely beautiful. I actually just wanted to be in the room and not go anywhere.

Can't say enough about the comfortable bedding.

Had dinner at the Belvedere Room inside the hotel. The food and service were defiantly 5 star.

Had room service for breakfast. I couldn't believe the wonderful omelet for just $8. Usually room service prices are so high.

This 4 star hotel is more like a 5 star hotel in service and accommodation but priced like a 2 1/2 to 3 star.

If you can't already tell I loved this hotel and wish there was one in every city.

• Stayed: January 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hi Tammarie S! Thank you for the review and your kind words. The attention to detail is what separates us from all other hotels in Bakersfield, and we are certainly happy to hear how much you loved it! Everything from the bedding to the food is part of what makes us stand out. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This place is AMAZING!!! Great accommodations, rooms, staff, atmosphere, and food!!! The Padre is my "go to" hotel from now on!!! The staff is very professional, polite, and with out a doubt know what they are doing!! Especially Chris Khun, the night security is ON POINT!!! Thanks Padre staff for making our trip a pleasurable one!!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks Wes C! We are so happy to hear that your stay was wonderful! Chris is certainly a great asset to the team and we also appreciate how he goes above and beyond each night to ensure our guests are safe and happy. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was a delightful surprise. It really is a boutique hotel with a lovely restAura t and. Fun sports bar filled with activity. The bar food was delicious . The rooms are spacious. The bathrooms amazing. Who would have guessed that Bakersfield can be such a satisfying break on a trip. We are on our way to Yosemite and would be delighted to stop here. Either direction.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hi noni40! Thank you for taking the time to write that review. Our team reads these reviews every day and we love hearing about all of the fun experiences our guests have! Yosemite is a beautiful place and we hope you do get to visit us again if you are headed this direction later.