1,021 results
All reviews boutique hotel head honcho rooftop bar belvedere restaurant valet service fox theater downtown bakersfield cool hotel corner room room service road trip night's sleep brimstone farmacia maverick winks haunted
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was very appreciative of a particular staff person, Chris Kuhn. I had a bad evening of sleep to the travel the day before. I was not feeling well and it was 2am. Not only was Chris helpful, he spent some time with me chatting outside just to make sure I was ok. He made sure I had everything I needed and watched over me. He went well above expectations and made sure I understood it was company policy to treat the guests that way. I was surprised to say the least that he gave credit to management vs himself.
I am a CEO of a company who is partnered with Chartec here locally; We were booked at the Marriot this upcoming trip at the end of Feb. I have cancelled that booking and will be booking all future stays at the Padre. If all your staff is like Mr. Kuhn, There is no other Hotel that I will book for myself or my staff.

Peter Tessitore CEO
Netlogic Computer Consulting

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter T
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Hello Peter! Thank you so much for the generous review. It's exciting for the Padre team members to see their names on TripAdvisor and Chris is very happy he was able to help make your stay wonderful. We look forward to your future visits to the Padre!

Warm Regards,
Jennifer Johnson
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I loved the decor in this hotel. As a decorator I notice tile, carpet, wall color etc. The wall paper in the halls was a little much. But the room was fabulous. The tile in the bathroom and shower area was absolutely beautiful. I actually just wanted to be in the room and not go anywhere.

Can't say enough about the comfortable bedding.

Had dinner at the Belvedere Room inside the hotel. The food and service were defiantly 5 star.

Had room service for breakfast. I couldn't believe the wonderful omelet for just $8. Usually room service prices are so high.

This 4 star hotel is more like a 5 star hotel in service and accommodation but priced like a 2 1/2 to 3 star.

If you can't already tell I loved this hotel and wish there was one in every city.

• Stayed: January 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hi Tammarie S! Thank you for the review and your kind words. The attention to detail is what separates us from all other hotels in Bakersfield, and we are certainly happy to hear how much you loved it! Everything from the bedding to the food is part of what makes us stand out. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This place is AMAZING!!! Great accommodations, rooms, staff, atmosphere, and food!!! The Padre is my "go to" hotel from now on!!! The staff is very professional, polite, and with out a doubt know what they are doing!! Especially Chris Khun, the night security is ON POINT!!! Thanks Padre staff for making our trip a pleasurable one!!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks Wes C! We are so happy to hear that your stay was wonderful! Chris is certainly a great asset to the team and we also appreciate how he goes above and beyond each night to ensure our guests are safe and happy. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was a delightful surprise. It really is a boutique hotel with a lovely restAura t and. Fun sports bar filled with activity. The bar food was delicious . The rooms are spacious. The bathrooms amazing. Who would have guessed that Bakersfield can be such a satisfying break on a trip. We are on our way to Yosemite and would be delighted to stop here. Either direction.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hi noni40! Thank you for taking the time to write that review. Our team reads these reviews every day and we love hearing about all of the fun experiences our guests have! Yosemite is a beautiful place and we hope you do get to visit us again if you are headed this direction later.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Beautiful ride in from SD - tired when i arrived. Marco took great car of me, Marcus the valet had a keen eye on my bike until I left the following morning.

Took care of business, came back and surprised the rooftop staff before they were open. No worries at all - the lovely Isabel took great care of me - got me my drink, and then handled my dinner needs - highly recommend the Rib eye with the beet salad. Such a beautiful personality - can only hope my daughter grows up to be that lovely :). Upstairs bar livened up when Brandi arrive - she is a little shy at first (no, not really) but is just the personality you need to relax and let your troubles laugh away. She was able to give me all things Bakersfield - history of the hotel, places to go, and places to stay away from. also shared some stories with Zak from Cincinnati - this place just always made me feel welcomed. Could be the environment - but i say mostly due to the people!

This hotel has a very cool vibe...and a unique personality. Every team member I met made me feel relaxed and at home.

Rooms were clean, beds were sleep ready - haven't slept this well in years.

Young or old - You owe it to yourself to enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Hi Mark, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Our team always goes above and beyond in surprising ways so it is always a special treat when team members are recognized. We hope you can visit us again soon, and since it sounds like you're from San Diego be sure to check out some of the other properties that Eat.Drink.Sleep owns! Tower23 is a beautiful hotel with fantastic restaurants and beach view, and the newly renovated Lakehouse Resort in San Marcos is just as unique and fun as the Padre.