“Best hotel in town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
San Francisco, California
“Best hotel in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The service here is awesome booked my room last minute and they were able to help me out no problem. front desk service was fast and easy and were able to help me make my choice in what room would fit best for me ,Thanks to front desk member Marcos for the help.he maid it confutable making my choice staying in this wonderful hotel.cant wait to stay there.

Room Tip: The one king size bed rooms are very nice and big.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Our staff is just as amazing as our incredible building! Thank you for staying with us.
Matthew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food is the best I've ever eaten, the service is first class. The waiters actually know what they are serving and can recommend the correct wine for the meal. I meet the GM and he is the most personable individual any company could hire. I can't say enough about this hotel and restaurant. .

Room Tip: The bar band can get loud so ask to be away from the bar.
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Our fantastic Belvedere Restaurant is a one of a kind in Bakersfield, and we are so proud of it! It was such a pleasure meeting you, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am in the aviation industry and have been staying at the Padre Hotel every two weeks since the beginning of January 2013. Consistently they out perform every hotel I have been in so far with their warm friendly greetings and willingness to go the extra mile. It seems every time I stay at the Padre it just keeps getting better. I recently had the fortune of meeting the general manager who was as warm and friendly as the rest of the staff. He was there late making sure everything was running smoothly. If you ever spend the night in Bakersfield, make no mistake. Stay at the Padre Hotel. It is a 5 star, diamond resort hotel with prices that are comparable to the other brand name hotels. The difference is the service.

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel is great. It is an older hotel that has been remodeled from the ground up and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are so glad to see you upon every visit! Thank you, ......you see that we work hard every day to make every guest stay perfect, looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have never seen such a beautifully restored building, run by such a gaggle of dummies. The restoration of this hotel is really over-the-top. From custom designed wallpaper, fixtures, common areas, the aesthetic of the place is pure boutique. But make the mistake of hoping to be served in a timely manner, or with a modicum of politeness is something you can't expect here. On one night, they up-charged my whisky an extra $2.00 for ordering it neat! NEAT! When I highlighted the nuttiness to the bar manager, he argued with me, telling me "you specifically ordered it neat". Dumb-ness!
Also, when I booked the room, I reserved an upgraded "Maverick" room for an extra cost. As a repeating guest I asked if any upgrades may be available, they enthusiastically informed me that I had been upgraded to a Maverick room. Even though I had paid for the premium, they considered that to still be an upgrade. I could go on and on about their dumbness and poor service, but you get the gist. It's a remarkable property, with remarkably dumb attitudes and behaviours. Amateurs.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank marcmcman
I am sorry our amazing staff, as you have seen from all of our 5 star reviews, did not make your stay perfect. We do look forward to seeing you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't know what kind of mattress that was but I sure slept like a newborn baby! That alone gives this hotel two thumbs up from me. But to go on about the perks, its right in the heart of downtown, so everything is in walking distance, dining, restaurants, clubs, bars, museums, tattoo, novelty shopping, boutiques, salon, you name it, you can walk to it! There's a cool hang out downstairs, Brimstone, they've got premium drinks, pool table, chill atmosphere. Back to the rooms...there was Aquatics brand toiletries that were exquisite, the glass shower wall looks out into the bedroom ( I thought that was super sexy) and you can watch the news while showering...Lol!

Overall 2 thumbs up!

1 Thank LolaSkye
Every day is another opportunity for us to make every guest stay amazing, thank you for staying with us!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Padre Hotel for business. This is a great hotel! The restaurant and the service was first rate! The hotel and the people there were very nice and made me feel like I was somewhere other than Bakersfield. My overall stay was GREAT!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
We are #1 in Bakersfield, and thank you so much for staying with us.
San DIego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We came up for the Old Crow Medicine Show Concert at Buck Owens Palace - had a great time. Stayed at the hotel and it's very nice. We got back from the show and we surprised to find out our room, on the 4th floor, was right above a dance club and it was crazy loud. Mgt did switch rooms for us, but inconvenient at 11pm. Thus said, we enjoyed our time here. Our room was not ready when we got here. Had to wait half hour.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
We look forward to seeing you again, thanks for staying at Padre.