“My new favorite hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
Nipomo, California
“My new favorite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was in San Francisco about a month ago having dinner with friends who travel a lot. We were talking about favorite hotels around the world. One said mine is in Bakersfield, The Padre. We laughed. I had never even been to Bakersfield but it just doesn't have the same ring as Paris or NYC. So a few days later I get a call to come to Bakersfield and I said yes and I want to stay at the Padre.

I LOVED it. Funky, cool, comfortable and elegant. I had a spa tub with the water spout in the ceiling, large glass shower, gorgeous bathroom. The bed was heaven. The room is so chic, with four sets of windows, a comfortable sectional couch, and a gray enamel desk. Every single staff member I encountered was so, so friendly and not a forced friendly. Real. Yuri at the front desk was a doll. Great location and amazing price.

Who ever said they want to go back to Bakersfield? Me, me, me!!

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerCharlotte
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Welcome to the Padre family, thank you so much for staying with us!
Matthew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Joshua Tree, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had heard great things about this hotel from many artist friends who stayed here while exhibiting at Metro Galleries in downtown Bakersfield. Still, I was unprepared for the quirky elegance of the place. And oh, those beds! My husband said it was like sleeping on a layer of shaving cream - absolutely delicious! Unfortunately, it was just an overnight trip for us and we didn't have a chance to sample the bar or restaurant, but will definitely try them out next time. It's true that the downstairs bar and club are hopping on weekends, but after inserting our "don't leave home without them" earplugs, we had a good nights' sleep. Only one tiny criticism: the windows don't open. It might have been nice to have fresh air instead of relying on the air conditioner all night .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JTArtCarAngel
Metro Galleries is one of our wonderful neighbors, thank you and hope to see you again soon!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've stayed in Bakersfield many times and have stayed with all the major hotel chains: Hilton, Marriott and Starwood. I only stayed at the Padre because others in my party had reservations here. Boy was I shocked! This is a very hip hotel in downtown that had a great lobby bar, somewhat part of the local scene as I gathered, and really cool rooms. I felt like I was in LA or New York. All for less than $100!! Can't wait to revisit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Yes, the best in Bakersfield! Hope to see you again soon.
Modesto, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Padre Hotel in Bakersfield has lovely rooms with a very gracious staff and easily found location from Highway 99. The beds are bliss and the downstairs restaurant is very popular with discerning locals. It is an oasis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rubytim
Our staff is #1 here in Bakersfield. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can't say enough good things about about the Padre. It was reasonably priced, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Despite the fact that the bar and club on the ground floor was really loud on a Friday and Saturday night --- the rooms were so sound proofed I didn't hear a thing. The rooms were really clean and very pretty. And the bison burger I had downstairs was fantastic. Every person at the hotel was really friendly and helpful. Any time I have any reason to be in Bakersfield I am not staying anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We hope to see you again soon, thank you so much for staying at Padre!
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great room decor and service. This is a great hotel, I likely will not stay anywhere else in Bakersfield. The in house dining and bars are extremely good. The overall feel of the building and the rooms is very cozy and stylish.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you and welcome to the Padre family. We hope to see you soon!
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Padre because of the many Trip Advisor recommendations. Not at all disappointed. The room was very modern and extremely clean. We enjoyed the Tuesday Happy Hour, $1 Tacos and $4 Margaritas. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We'll be staying here on our next Bakersfield visit

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Taco Tuesday is a favorite here at the Padre! Thank you for staying with us!