“Downtown Gem”
Review of Padre Hotel

Padre Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our stay in the Bakersfield hotel was pretty good. Our arrival was after dark and made more complicated by the entrancebeing located on a one way street that was not very well marked. The Lobby level restaurant and bars were packed. A very busy night which made it not very relaxing. Service was second to none. All personnel were obviously trained well and were friendly, talkative and accomodating.
Our room was spacious and comfortable, but poorly lit. Even with every light on it was not enough to read by. Bed and linens were good. Bathroom was spacious but VERY LOW light and not good for grooming. Shower was excellent. No inroom coffee maker.....
Breakfast Bar in lobby was good. Piur checkout experience was excellent and valet parking guys were prompt and very courteous and helpful. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with adequate lighting
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

We hope to see you again soon, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here for the second time this week. Enjoyed it just as much as the first. This downtown location is excellent, and the multi-million dollar renovation completed several years ago is outstanding. The rooms have been done in a very modern style, with plasma tv's and free wifi are beautiful, as is the bathroom and walk-in shower. Theynhave a great bar that is lively every night, and the restaurant can also be highhly recommended. The drinks are poured large and the happy hour prices are more than reasonable.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am quite finicky when it comes to hotels. This hotel has fabulous charm, great atmosphere and all with a sense of humor. It is one of favorite hotels I have visited. This coupled with the value and unexpected pleasure if this gem in Bakersfield? Unbelievable, a must stay!

Room Tip: The best value! A five star hotel at two star pricing!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

No doubt, we are a must stay for everyone coming to Bakersfield! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed in the nicest hotels around the world. But go figure, the loveliest hotel staff -- well, Zach -- I have ever had the pleasure of meeting was behind the desk at the Padre Hotel in Bakersfield.

My good friend was traveling from S.F. to meet me in L.A., but got bogged down by a snowstorm at the Grapevine. The Grapevine was closed, and she was turned around after hours in traffic. Exhausted, she faced a detour drive, hours out of her way, through a dark corridor of the desert. Desperate to save my friend from a horrific evening, I hit the internet and sought for her a sanctuary. I found it with Zach -- at the front desk -- in Bakersfield.

Zach was personable, delightful and, oh, so helpful and competent in securing her a wonderful room which made me feel like my friend would be made safe and happy from the moment she walked into the hotel. I owe Zach a debt of gratitude for giving me everything I needed -- and wanted -- for my tired, displaced friend. If I could give Zach 10 stars, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment!

I travel very frequently through Bakersfield. I look forward to staying at The Padre Hotel with my family. And, oh, one more thing. My friend loved her room so much -- which came at a ridiculously low rate -- she sent me pictures. Beautiful! Whoever is in charge of the Padre Hotel -- NICE JOB!!!! And Zach -- well Sir, I owe you a big hug and a drink! See you soon! Cat

Room Tip: Tell Zach what you want. He will find it for you. He's a room guru.
2  Thank lawofficeofcwhite
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, Zach is one of our many "shining stars" here at Padre. See you soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel which you can tell had lots of history.It is beautiful and modern and I loved the rooms very much. The food was wonderful, we ate breakfast downstairs in the cafe. The only thing I did not love about the hotel was there was no separate entrance to the hotel for guests of the hotel versus the people there just to hang out. We had to push our way through the sidewalk, entrance packed with people, the lobby, until we were safe in the elevator. Plus, Friday and Saturday night is a club, so expect to hear a rhythmic thumping in your room...but the nice tv and bath can drown out the noise. If I had felt like going down and dancing this trip, this hotel would have been perfect.

Room Tip: In the rooms with a tub, the water comes out of the ceiling. Corner rooms have excellent views. Lowe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Don't be afraid to "dance the night away" and then enjoy our fabulous in room Jacuzzi! Thank you and see you soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at the padre for 1 night whilst on a tour from San francisco to Las Vegas and this was by far our favourite hotel and the cheapest ! The design is brilliant and on the night we were there there was a kareoke outside on one of the floors and although we didnt join in it was a great night and made our stay

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

We are a fantastic stop on a California road trip! Thank you and come again!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The room is spacious and nicely done. Very modern with nice amenities. Of particular importance is the bathroom size-2 people can be in there at the same time, although not both sharing the sink. The shower is glass-walled on 2 sides, with one side being your usual glass shower door into the bathroom while the opposite side is a glass wall with view into the room itself. There is a curtain to close if you are shy. Kind of fun, but not if you are shy! That being said, shower is also a nice size.

There isn't a coffee maker in the room, but there is a coffee bar downstairs which has good coffee and priced decently.

This is also a "hot spot" in Bakersfield for Fri and Sat night. Getting into the hotel is a bit annoying because they check ids as you enter the hotel lobby and the line can be a bit long. There is also a club or the like on the 2nd floor so getting an elevator can be a bit of a challenge!

Room Tip: The further up the better, esp if you are staying on the weekend!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your visit, we hope to see you again soon!