All reviewsboutique hotelhead honchorooftop barbelvedere restaurantvalet servicefox theaterdowntown bakersfieldcool hotelcorner roomroom serviceroad tripnight's sleepbrimstonefarmaciamaverickwinkshaunted
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Padre Hotel is fabulous and frankly a delightful surprise in Bakersfield. The staff is great, the rooms huge and very cool, the restaurants delightful and the evening scene lively (we only managed to get into the Prairie Fire -which we enjoyed- for a drink everything else was too busy).
We had booked a corner pocket room and when we checked in requested a room away from the nightclub (thanks to Tripadvisor reviews). Unfortunately they only had one of our room types left and it was right above the club. We figured we would use our ear plugs. Just as we were getting our luggage into our room (which by the way was lovely and spacious), the hotel GM, Matthew Krumweide popped in with keys to a Farmer's Daughter suite on the 8th floor. He said it was not being used and we could have the upgrade for free, so that we would get some rest. Talk about a proactive manager!
The suite was fabulous, it felt a lot like a suite in the Cosmopolitan Hotel in LV. A ton of space, lots of windows, cool furniture and wallpaper, comfortable bed. Great bathroom, huge shower, nice tub, etc. Even a 1/2 bottle of French Champagne in the mini bar (trust me this is hard to find here).
Loved the fact they kept a lot of the historic Bakersfield in the decor in a very cool/hip way. My compliments to the decorating team.
The best part of the hotel is the staff. Every person who helped us was nice, efficient and personal.
I wish we had the Padre Hotel in San Francisco, I would be a regular and I would suggest it to all of my friends. If you are planning a trip to Bakersfield, plan on staying at the Padre!

Room Tip: When you book, ask for a room away from the nightclub when it's open.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for staying at Padre! We do look forward to seeing you again and giving us the opportunity to give you and every guest the highest level of service we can. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a darling hotel - loved the lobby, enjoyed the restauarnt, and was charmed with th eroom and the decor. I had one of the itty bitty rooms and was a little tripped out by the glass walled shower in th emiddle of the room - but hey, I could watch TV while I was shampooing my hair! Bathroom privacy is not an option if you are sharing the room. Oh and, did you know the hotel is haunted? Looked for the smudgy chid's handprint that keeps coming back on the wall at the cafe entrance. Mondays nights is half off the entrees at the restaurant so good luck finding a table!

Room Tip: If you are sharing the room, dont get the cheapest one - or ask about the glass walled showers.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Your 5 star review means alot to us here at Padre. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again, Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It strikes a perfect balance of luxury and affordable, vintage and modern, and has some of the friendliest staff. It was so nice we decided to stay a second night (Bakersfield is a great mid-way point between the Sequoias, Las Vegas, LA, wine country; we had a busy holiday).

The bed is heavenly. Solid mattress with feather top and pillows. Awesome.

Dined one night in the bar ($), the second in the Belvedere restaurant ($$) - both were exactly what we needed at the time. My only regret is not seeing more of Bakersfield, because the hotel was so accommodating we didn't seek dining elsewhere.

This place is class all the way. If you find yourself in Bakersfield and feel like a good night and restful sleep, this is the hotel for you.

P.s. - take the soap and lotion with you. It is gorgeous!
P.p.s. - the Forty Winks room is definitely for couples/family! One of the walls to the bathroom/toilet is glass with a *mostly* opaque curtain.

Room Tip: The Forty Winks (economy) room is fine, albeit intimate (see above re curtain...)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EvelynAndCooky
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon at Bakersfield's #1 hotel!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for a party being held there. Our room was very modern, and chic. They ran out of the rooms that we had reserved, so they upgraded us! The rooms have a modern twist on Bakersfield's oil history. The beds were SOOO comfortable!
The several places to eat/drink are all unique and still cohesive. I live in Bakersfield, and it was nice to "get away" here!
Love it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

We love to upgrade and love our parties!! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Pulled up and used the valet parking. The valet and bellman did a great job getting things taken care of quickly. Went to the front desk and was checked in within just a minute or two.

When I got the room, I realized there was a nightclub on the ground floor and I asked if the rooms above can hear the music and they said yes. So, they moved me to another room across the building and heard no noise.

The beds are comfortable, the rooms are well laid out, when you close the drapes, the rooms are very dark. Large flat screen TV.....all was good.

I then had dinner in the restaurant. It was a great dinner. They have an option to make your own salad which was great and I had a wild mushroom risotto that was awesome. I was surprised at how good it was. I would actually stop in Bakersfield on my way through town again to have this meal. Service was top notch.......all was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mark H
gmThePadre, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

A 5 star review, thank you so much. Yes, always ask for whatever we can do to make your stay perfect, we will make it happen!