All reviewsboutique hotelhead honchorooftop barbelvedere restaurantvalet servicefox theaterdowntown bakersfieldcool hotelcorner roomroom serviceroad tripnight's sleepbrimstonefarmaciamaverickwinkshaunted
Reviewed December 18, 2011

My work brings me to Bakersfield frequently, and this is where I prefer to stay. It's a well-renovated hotel that feels like an upscale boutique hotel in NYC.

Rooms: The beds are comfy, with down duvets, and the rooms are very well furnished. One note about the bathroom in king-sized bed rooms: one wall of the shower is an interior glass window that faces the bedroom. There is a sheer curtain that you can draw over the window, but it is still semi-transparent. Not a problem since I travel by myself, but thought I would mention for others.

Service: The service is always friendly, even when occasional mistakes are made. Check-in and check-out is very quick, the room service is fairly speedy (and reasonably priced).

Downsides: 1) no gym/fitness center in the hotel - they have an arrangement with a gym 1/2 mile away (not walking distance), but I would much rather just work on in the hotel. 2) valet parking only. They are pretty quick, but there is no self-parking available.

Would definitely recommend hotel to others if you are in the area.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
buildhotels, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

We hear "Wow" alot! Thank you so much for becoming part of our Padre family! We are looking forward to seeing you again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at the Padre Hotel in December to attend a concert at the Fox Theater. I couldn't have made a better choice. The hotel was very nice - great room, very nice restaurants and bars and the staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable. Walking distance to the Fox Theater - less than 2 blocks - and there were alot of people walking so I felt very safe. The only downside was the lighting in the room. I understand ambience, but not in the bathroom. Lights were too dim for applying makeup or shaving. The lighting is the only reason I gave the Padre 4 stars instead of 5. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
buildhotels, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

Walking distance to the Fox Theater , and our amazing rooms and restaurants, have made us the number 1 hotel in Bakersfield. Thank you so much for staying with us, and happy holidays!

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Very cool hotel, right in downtown Bakersfield! The Padre Hotel looks and feels like a W Hotel but with more character and history! Enjoyed a first class meal in the Belvedere room with local clients. Great menu and wine list.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Our restaurants and the hotel have taken Bakersfield by storm! Our first class service and amazing rooms will make any stay perfect. Thank you for staying at Padre.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

The Padre is definitely one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in this year. For its uniqueness and quality, it certainly makes my "favorites" list. Many renovated historic hotels have some "holdover" that diminishes the experience; i.e., drafty windows, poor heating; dingy hallways, no elevator, etc. Not the case with the Padre! I found this historic property to be well renovated in every aspect. The bed mattress is absolutely first class. Decor is pleasing and creates a comfortable atmosphere. Shower water temperature and pressure is very good. Cleanliness and overall housekeeping (in both rooms and common areas) is top notch. My only complaint is that I think the lighting in the bathroom is a bit too dim. Valet parking is $10/day. Service from all the staff I encountered was friendly and professional. I had meals in the Brimstone and Farmacy restaurants located on the lobby level; food here is good and waitstaff friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying at Padre. As you have seen, we worked hard in making every detail of the hotel 5 star! We are looking forward to welcoming you back, happy holidays!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I and our baby daughter needed a place to stay in Bakersfield for Thanksgiving weekend. It was our first time to the city, and originally we looked for a B&B, but couldn't find one. We checked TripAdvisor and saw the Padre Hotel. It looked good, and the price was reasonable.

My wife and I love to travel, and have been to Paris, Rome, London, NYC, etc. The Padre Hotel would fit nicely into any one of those cities. It is very stylishly decorated, but is not so trendy as to dissuade families from staying. When we reserved, we mentioned our baby daughter. They provided us with a travel crib free of charge.

Speaking of beds, the large bed was extremely comfortable and sleep inducing. There was plenty of room for all three of us to stretch out on it. We had one of the smaller rooms, but there was still plenty of room for us. There was even a large jacuzzi tub in the room.

If we find ourselves in Bakersfield again, we will definitely consider staying at the Padre Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jcoanda
buildhotels, General Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

We are looking forward to your return visit, thank you so much for spending your holiday with us! Happy Holidays!