“Delicious food at a resonable price”
Review of J's Place

J's Place
Ranked #14 of 840 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had a stopover in Bakersfield, and decided to try J's place for dinner with the family. A bit of a waiting line (we did not have a reservation), probably due to it's popularity, but we (all 9 of us) got our seating in less that 15 minutes, and just before the closing time. Most of us had taco which was the kind we like (not stuffed with beans like other places), and the serving was plentiful.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Delicious fried chicken and cornbread. I had fish the last time and that was great. This time I had chicken and waffles. I don't like waffles with my chicken so I won't do that again. You may like it though. Great place. I will be back again to try something else on their menu the next time I am in town.

1  Thank jeffalanj
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The food is excellent and we've been here a few times but the ribs are mostly fat. The waitress offered another set of ribs to compensate for the fatty ones but found out from the kitchen that all the ribs are that way. Everything else is excellent and the service is fantastic. Too bad about the ribs.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The restaurant was hard to find. When asked they said they had recently relocated to this new location and that all the signs were not yet installed. It's located in a Mall, lots of parking, at dinner time just follow the crowd from the parking lot to the restaurant, but get there early. We arrived around 6 PM for dinner and had to wait approximately 20 minutes for a booth. It was worth it, we had catfish, black eye peas, mixed collard greens, cornbread and our beverage was root beer. The service was excellent. The bill for the two of us was under $30.00. It is a family restaurant, so depending on the crowd mix it could be a little noisy. We were too busy shoveling down the food to notice. We both had the same meal so I cannot rate the other choices on the menu, but everyone seemed to enjoy the meals they selected. My limited conversations indicated it is frequently attended by the locals. Make room locals, we will be back

2  Thank SoonFung
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times. The best fried chicken I have ever had. Ribs, meat loaf, pork chops, whatever is on the menu is just outstanding. Great prices as well. Eat here and it will be a favorite to you as well. Yum.