“Wow. What great food”

Cuisines: American
Bakersfield, California
“Wow. What great food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times. The best fried chicken I have ever had. Ribs, meat loaf, pork chops, whatever is on the menu is just outstanding. Great prices as well. Eat here and it will be a favorite to you as well. Yum.

“Good Southern Cooking”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Chicken and waffle place. We try to go on Thursdays when they have chicken and dumplings. The fried chicken is really tasty

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious Soul Food!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wow, I was quite impressed. Who thought you could get good soul food in Bakersfield?! The chicken was perfectly moist, even their breast! Their fried chicken was delicious. All the sides were to die for which included the mac and cheese, fried cabbage, dirty rice and yams. I would definitely come back here again! I was quite impressed!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank nlee1220
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Maybe hidden behind Chevron station but food is great”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

As I am not an expert on Southern food I can't comment on how close it is to the real thing. What I can say is that we liked it very much!

With a family of 4 (kids 10 & 13) we ordered 3 entrees. The kids shared 4 pieces of fried chicken & 2 waffles. An odd combination but tasted quite nice actually. My wife had the fried catfish and I had the fried chicken J's way. The last to dishes came with 2 sides.
We had fried cabbage, yams, corn and mixed greens. At first the sides looked small, but as an addition to our entrees it was enough. The entrees are a plate full and also have a piece of cornbread. Non of he 3 plates were empty because it was too much.
And we did try, because we all liked it.

I would certainly go back here on a next trip. Be aware that the address is not on Ming Ave. Look it up via Google so you want be looking at he wrong street.

Pricewise this restaurant offers value or your money so that can't be an excuse not to go.

Visited July 2013
“Love, love, love!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Southern food prepared well and served with a smile. Chicken and waffles, catfish, and chicken and dumplings are all so good they will make you wanna slap yo mama! The sides are fantastic and the tea is sweet. *Rosedale location (could not find one on Ming Ave.)

• Visited June 2013