“Lunch disappointing”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Bakersfield, Ca
“Lunch disappointing”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went here because of our local food critics recommendation. The choices were sparse and the chicken was so dry that it NEEDED the BBQ sauce provided. i WENT ONE more time to be sure I hadn't hit a b ad day and the chicken was better but the selection was still poor. The staff was friendly but not available after seeing them when they brought water. I noticed several men workers and I think this would be a great luncheon place for outside workers, whereas the decor is not one where you have to be dressed other than casual.
My disappointment was more in my expectation than anything else. I won't let critics sway me so much from now on. And I advise others to try this place, as my remarks may be just my own opinion.

Visited July 2012

Visalia, California, United States
“Don't GO!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were there for Mothers day. No waiting walked right in. we set down and noticed some tables were dusty not dirty but dusty. Orderd and waited and waited. When we got our food some orders were wrong so they went back. After everyone had finished exceot the person with the wrong order he had not even got his food. After looking for someone to help I started to look for the Manager and was told that the manager was not in (REALLY) on mothers day not good. The food was mostly ok. Sorry but this was there last chance for me.

• Visited May 2012
Bakersfield, California
“Extremely disappointed in lunch buffet”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went there for there highly advertised bbq lunch buffet for $5.99 The "buffet" table was no more than 8 items. It looked horrible and if i could've ran out i would've but we gave it a chance nonetheless. The meat was ok but tasted very generic. I had some of the chicken which reminded me of the bagged stuff you can buy at costco. Ribs - blah and i have no idea what the other stuff was as far as meat goes. I had some corn (no taste at all), some watery mashed potatoes and the gravy was the only decent thing i had which im sure was packaged stuff. My husband ordered the pulled pork and it was a huge sandwich but the taste was really smoky like and the fries were definitely from a bag. Overall the food had no taste and reminded me of food you get in a senior citizens home or hospital. Dont waste your time or money on this dump, Not even $5.99 Our bill was $32 and i would've rather had nothing than eat here. Sad.

• Visited May 2012
Bakersfield, CA
“Please don't go there!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I've been here twice, once for lunch, and again for breakfast a few months later (hoping they had improved). When we went for lunch it was relatively empty, but the service was terrible. VERY slow to get our food, and once we did we never saw our server again. The food was medicore and cold.

When we returned for breakfast the food was ok, but my daughter's pancake was cold and there was a nice long hair cooked right in.

This place is good for live music on a weekend, but that's about it.

• Visited December 2011
“Lunch buffet quick”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Had a quick lunch buffet. It was average. Plenty of soda and the ribs had plenty of sauce. Good pot salad. Been a few months since I was here. Hope it improves and stays around. Like I said quick food near home depot.