“Pleasantly Surprised”

Add it.
Thai Taste
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Spent a Sunday watching movies and shopping with the family. We often hit a Thai, Japanese, Chinese, non brand name restaurant to eat when out on the town. This place was actually 3rd or 4th on my Google search of Thai places in the part of town we were in. Was hesitant to go in because it was empty of customers and there was a bar/club two shops down called King Tut. Wasn't sure if I wanted to take my kids into a place next to a club type place, but we were running out of time and places.
Decor was simple and nice. Very very friendly staff who talked to us about how the economy has hit them and many other local eateries the last few months. My family is pretty routine on ordering from Thai places but we wanted to be different here. We normally get Panang Kai (curry dish), Pad See Ew (noodle) Satay, a shrimp patty type appetizer, and a soup. We went by waiter's recommendation of another noodle dish which was very good. Also tried their Orange Chicken (not a usual dish for me, but my kids always like it). They loved the Orange Chicken and rest of the food. Kids had coconut ice cream for desert which might have been their first time with that. Mango and rice I know they already love, but wanted them to try something new.

Prices were reasonable, but not cheap. Have had cheaper in other local eats, but liked this place's atmosphere more. We will be back and highly recommend.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

I have had lunch here several times, and it is ALWAYS delicious! They have a very affordable lunch special that comes with soup, a main dish, pad thai, spring roll, and rice. The servers are helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is inviting. What more could you ask for!!!

Reviewed May 18, 2009

On our recent trip to Northern California, we stopped by the Bakersfiled Costco to refuel. After looking around the area surrounding the warehouse, we found Thai Taste. What a find! The food was excellent; the best Thai food we have ever had! All we could taste were the subtle flavors of fresh ingredients, no preservatives. We ordered yellow curry chicken and fried tofu, with rice, noodles, a vegetable dumpling, and a refreshing vegetable soup. We also had an iced coffee with boba. Everything was delicious and we cleaned our plates, as did all the other customers. The restaurant and the bathroom were very clean, and the Thai Taste had a pleasant décor. The prices were very reasonable. We paid only $7.95 each for lunch special.
I would recommend Thai Taste to everybody. It has a great selection of vegetarian and meat dishes. This is such a rare find of an authentic restaurant that combines excellent quality food with affordable prices. You need to try it for yourself. Thai Taste is located at 4829 Panama Lane, Suite C in Bakersfield, California.
Now we just need to come up with an excuse to drive through Bakersfield again to eat at Thai Taste.
- B from San Diego