“Given expectations - a pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Limited Bakersfield Central

Ramada Limited Bakersfield Central
Ranked #45 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Sacramento, California
“Given expectations - a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

In reviewing this motel I have to admit that I tend to view things through the prism of how much I paid and comparisons to other similarly budgeted places. That being said I enjoyed my stay. The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and helpful, the parking lot had ample parking and was separated from the street - and my room was just as I liked.

The room was fine - regular size, t.v., large mini-fridge, clean overall. I will admit the floor has seen some use but I didn't get any dirt on my bare feet so I'll judge it clean. Air conditioning worked great and the bathroom/shower was clean and functional. There weren't a lot of cars in the parking lot so I suppose my experience was without a lot of other residents. That being said the courtyard was quiet. Didn't use the pool.

So - would I stay here again? Absolutely, I feel silly I haven't stayed my numerous other times through Bakersfield.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Big Bear Lake CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Inn express off of California street after Quality Inn had messed up our reservations, and when we tried to get it straight, the girl was to busy to get off her cell phone and Facebook account to help us. We found the Ramada Inn Express, went to the front desk where we were promptly greeted, got a room with not problem and had a plesent stay. We will stay here again if we are up in Bakersfield

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bellflower, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay here. The rooms were very clean and Vic was very helpful at the front desk. We will stay here again when in the area. We have never stayed in a Ramada before but had heard good things from others who had. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to get ice from the machine. The lady at the front desk heard me out there and came out to make sure I knew how to work the machine. You had to use your room key and some people aren't aware of that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RamadaLtdCentral, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. Guests such as yourself make our jobs easier and all the hard work worth it. Hope to see you, again, real soon. Thanks again, for taking the time to post this review.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Manager was very pleasant and accommodating for extra towels & pillows. Rooms were clean, though one light switch didn't work.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out during your family vacation to share your comments. The light switch in question was disconnected by a company that was sent by PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric), like I told you during your stay. I asked PG&E why the company disconnected these switches and they said that they will have the installers contact us. A representative from that company called back and said that only the switches that controlled the heat lamp were disconnected. I asked why wasn't it just covered up instead of being left there. She could not give me an answer and said that the installers were not finished with our property and will be contacting us before they return. I guess "Going Green" isn't easy.

It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. I hope you choose to stay with us again, if you find yourselves in our area. Thanks again, for all your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

So how bout we got here yesterday and they had to make out bed at midnite cuz the room wasn't clean..63$ for a dirty room with clean sheets... then we figure we will get service n the morning so I pay another 63$ and didn't get a vacum or a trash bag or a new towel or a wiped down on any tables not to mition there was 5 day old otmeal in the microwave... some cleaning service hu... I can't believe we got clean sheets.. coffie pot but no coffie... half the lites wrk and I thought with a name like ramada it would b nice truth is vagabon is soooooo much better way cleaner and confertable.. DNT STAY HERE!!!!!!!payed for my room and said ill bring change to u lol still nothin... wow

• Stayed November 2011
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We called hotel.com for another hotel, but it was filled, so they suggested the ramada right off hwy. 99. We were only staying one night to get some rest before continuing our trip the next morning. How bad could it be? It was disgusting! The place looked like a bank repo inside. Besides falling apart, and filthy, our room did not have a smoke alarm! The wires were there, but no alarm. I feel sorry for the people who run it, because they seemed nice. But they have no idea what the minimum standard for a motel/ hotel is. I have never experienced this filth before. I would not have stayed here for free, it was so bad. I will contact hotel.com.

Room Tip: Never take a suggestion from a online travel company if your first choice is not available!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CaliforniaHabanero
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

This Ramada Limited was way more Limited than Ramada. This motel should not be in business if all the rooms are this bad. Wyndham should be ashamed that this hotel is in its inventory of properties. I did not have a chance to check Trip Advisor before reserving this room. My bad. When we got there, it was too late to cancel, and I knew the proprietor would never let us get by without paying if we left. We were traveling with our small dog and after we got our room number, I told the desk clerk (owner?) that we wanted to pay the pet fee separately from the room charge. He said, "oh you didn't tell me that before". He put back the key card that we had been given and gave us another key card. I KNEW then that we would have to stay in a dreaded DOG ROOM. Sure enough, we opened the door to carpet so badly stained that the true color was unknown. Our dog seemed uneasy in the room smelling former dogs. He only sat on his own bed which we had brought along.
The bathroom was even worse than the carpet! The filthy tub/shower was no longer white, it was black on the floor and gray scum all over the walls. So much dirt had built up in the corners of the room that it was climbing 8 inches high off the floor. We didn't dare take our shoes off.
I really wanted to leave, but it was late and the location was advantageous to the next days' work for my husband. The king sized bed had a full sized bedspread on it. Pictures and wallpaper were circa 1983. The one redeeming quality was that the bed was comfortable(once I inspected for bed bugs and took off the greasy looking worn out blanket.).
The "free breakfast" was no better than a bad Super 8's. Cereal, milk, bananas. There was a silver hot server as if there had at one time been some hot food served, but it was empty, as was the danish tray by 7:15am.
This place was such a waste of our money!
I can't say enough bad about this place. I wish I had taken pictures to show how truly BAD this Ramada Limited is!!! <shudder> ick ick ick

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business