“Wow! Ramada??? Worst motel evr! DNT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

America's Best Value Inn & Suites Bakersfield Central
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
“Wow! Ramada??? Worst motel evr! DNT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

So how bout we got here yesterday and they had to make out bed at midnite cuz the room wasn't clean..63$ for a dirty room with clean sheets... then we figure we will get service n the morning so I pay another 63$ and didn't get a vacum or a trash bag or a new towel or a wiped down on any tables not to mition there was 5 day old otmeal in the microwave... some cleaning service hu... I can't believe we got clean sheets.. coffie pot but no coffie... half the lites wrk and I thought with a name like ramada it would b nice truth is vagabon is soooooo much better way cleaner and confertable.. DNT STAY HERE!!!!!!!payed for my room and said ill bring change to u lol still nothin... wow

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
california
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We called hotel.com for another hotel, but it was filled, so they suggested the ramada right off hwy. 99. We were only staying one night to get some rest before continuing our trip the next morning. How bad could it be? It was disgusting! The place looked like a bank repo inside. Besides falling apart, and filthy, our room did not have a smoke alarm! The wires were there, but no alarm. I feel sorry for the people who run it, because they seemed nice. But they have no idea what the minimum standard for a motel/ hotel is. I have never experienced this filth before. I would not have stayed here for free, it was so bad. I will contact hotel.com.

Room Tip: Never take a suggestion from a online travel company if your first choice is not available!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CaliforniaHabanero

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This Ramada Limited was way more Limited than Ramada. This motel should not be in business if all the rooms are this bad. Wyndham should be ashamed that this hotel is in its inventory of properties. I did not have a chance to check Trip Advisor before reserving this room. My bad. When we got there, it was too late to cancel, and I knew the proprietor would never let us get by without paying if we left. We were traveling with our small dog and after we got our room number, I told the desk clerk (owner?) that we wanted to pay the pet fee separately from the room charge. He said, "oh you didn't tell me that before". He put back the key card that we had been given and gave us another key card. I KNEW then that we would have to stay in a dreaded DOG ROOM. Sure enough, we opened the door to carpet so badly stained that the true color was unknown. Our dog seemed uneasy in the room smelling former dogs. He only sat on his own bed which we had brought along.
The bathroom was even worse than the carpet! The filthy tub/shower was no longer white, it was black on the floor and gray scum all over the walls. So much dirt had built up in the corners of the room that it was climbing 8 inches high off the floor. We didn't dare take our shoes off.
I really wanted to leave, but it was late and the location was advantageous to the next days' work for my husband. The king sized bed had a full sized bedspread on it. Pictures and wallpaper were circa 1983. The one redeeming quality was that the bed was comfortable(once I inspected for bed bugs and took off the greasy looking worn out blanket.).
The "free breakfast" was no better than a bad Super 8's. Cereal, milk, bananas. There was a silver hot server as if there had at one time been some hot food served, but it was empty, as was the danish tray by 7:15am.
This place was such a waste of our money!
I can't say enough bad about this place. I wish I had taken pictures to show how truly BAD this Ramada Limited is!!! <shudder> ick ick ick

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Needs a full revamp in the rooms as rather dirty and the breakfast was awful. The swimming pool also looked filthy Would not stay here again

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Grants Pass, OR
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed here 1 night in early August 2010. When you first get here it looks OK, but... The room size and amenities were appropriate for the price. Free Wifi internet was promised, there was signal, but our computers could never make a connection. The bathtub had black mold around the "jets". One light switch on the wall was broken and didn't have a cover plate. We have a 3 y/o and 1 y/o and luckily it was too high for them to reach. Another light switch was bulging out of the wall and someone put tape around it and then painted the tape -- high class and top safety, right. :( The breakfast was aweful: the orange juice was rotten, the white bread was stale, and there were a few packages of tiny danishes. Little butter packages were left out and were warm, instead of in a cooled crock. It looked like they had a waffle bar or something because there was a griddle set up on the counter, but it was cold and dirty. Next to the griddle was a jar of syrup, only 1/2 on the bottom, and rock-hard. The heat was stifling in the breakfast room, no air, and only 9 am. The good part was its location near the 99 freeway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Double charged me for my room. I paid cash upon departure where I was handed a very dubious receipt that very conveniently does not indicate how I paid. Of course I don't notice this until I am having to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Staff won't give their names or return calls. They have been beyond frustrating and just plain rude.

Other than that - the place is not that clean, the breakfast is average but the area is quite dirty, but it has a good location. Overall, no bueno. I highly recommend that you not pay cash here, unless of course, you would like to pay twice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank dgearhart
RamadaLtdCentral, Manager at America's Best Value Inn & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, January 2, 2011
Our records do not show that cash was paid. Even the receipt that you were given at check-out (the one that you say doesn't show how payment was made) shows that you paid with a credit card. The owner was the one who checked you out. The records have been sent to the credit card company and they'll be dropping the case. AAA has also dropped the case. I don't think that you're trying to get a free room, but I know that we haven't charged you twice. The cash drop from the morning you checked out was balanced. I'm thinking that maybe you misremember what happened that morning, or have us mixed up with another property.
Union City, Ca
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I would not recommend anyone to stay at this place EVER! They are overpriced and filthy. When I asked for a refund I was told sorry about your luck. This place was unclean, unsafe and unreasonable. Looks like it was filled with crackheads staying in the rooms. The toilets were filthy, the electrical was a ran as if a fire was waiting to happen and the manager Vic is very unaccomedating! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business