“Just OK”

Ranked #286 of 829 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Bakersfield, California
“Just OK”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Price for product was very disappointing. The food tasted like it had a film on it, Our seating was very crunchy yet there were few in the restaurant dinning room.

Visited April 2012

Murrieta, California
“Style and Taste”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Petroleum Club is a special experience. We have held a small group dinner there as well as a large group function. Both times were Very Good. The staff is very attentive and the food is wonderful. A very nice place at the top of a building with windows all around, and it is quiet and classy. The food is so good I wish I could eat there more often. It has Style and Taste. I would highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2012
Bako
“Was not allowed in. Trying to eat with friends.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was invited to eat with friends there. when I arrived my friends and arrived already I told the person who I was there to eat with and the gentleman just ignored me. whether this is a private restaurant or not the patrons that go there to eat should be treated with respect. I am very sorry but I will never go back to this restaurant even if I am invited and it is completely free. I would rather eat McDonald's than go back there with the attitudes. God bless anyone who has the patience for that type of service.

• Visited November 2012
bekersfield ca
“Food is blah”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have eaten here many times. Gravy is canned, veggies have strange spices. Steaks dry and made in the oven. I dopnt understand it. You make money by having good food.

• Visited October 2012
Bakersfield, California
“Great view day or night, private club”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It is on the top floor of the tallest (12 stories) building in town. On one side it looks over the city, on the other it looks over the oil fields (fitting!). Good for lunch--nice salads and sandwiches. It is a private club though, so unless you are a me bed or a member of a reciprocal club, you can't eat there. Sometimes they'll give out complimentary one day passes, so ask.

Visited August 2012