“Great steakhouse”

Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 829 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the best Prime Rib, Steaks and Seafood in town. Full Bar with a great wine list. Happy Hour Mon-Fri 2pm-6pm. Outdoor patio seating and Banquet room seating up to 80 people.
aberdeen
“Great steakhouse”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Whilst on an overnight stopover at the doubletree we ate here as it is only across the road. On arrival we were shown to a booth where we were given a lot of information on the various dishes and several recommendations. We opted for potato skins to start which were very good and set a good tone for the food ahead. We chose a filet mignon and a rack of baby back ribs. You get the option of soup or salad to start and two sides but we just stuck to the main. The ribs were fantastic. Very tender and moist and just fell off the bone. The steak which for came perfectly cooked was tender and delicious and all the sides were superb. I especially liked the green beans in a onion batter.
Well worth a visit if you are in the area

Greg M, Owner at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Glad you discovered us while you were staying across the way! It's good to know you felt informed right off the bat -- you made some excellent choices indeed. We'll have more ribs and green beans with your name on them if you ever make it back to town!

Davis
“Great food”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We were guided by tripadvisor to this restaurant. The family ordered prime rib and filet mignon from the main dinner menu, the burger and the baby ribs from the early dinner menu. We agree with previous evaluations in that is not the best ever, but it is very good. Also, the filet mignon arrived 'done' instead of 'medium', but without hesitation they replaced it very quickly and it was great. A clear 'recommend'.

Greg M, Owner at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Glad TripAdvisor led you right to us during your trip, Kay! I apologize that your filet initially arrived too well done, but I'm glad to hear that your server got it fixed right away! Please feel free to reach out and let us know if there's anything we can do a little differently to be the best ever in your book.

Framche-Comté
“Good steakhouse”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hungry hunter is a good steakhouse, ideally based around main hotels area (you can e.g. can go by feet from Hilton). The place is quite famous for Ribeye, I personnaly tried Filet Mignon, and was very good. Local beer also available. A good place to eat for a business dinner.

Visited July 2014
Greg M, Owner at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Glad you joined us when you were staying at the Hilton! The Filet is one of my favorites, too, especially paired with a great local brew. We'll have a table for you if you ever find yourself in Bakersfield again!

Crescent City, CA
“Very Impressive”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I haven't been impressed about a steak being this good since Steakhouse 55 at the DLH, Very thick and juicy Rib-eye, Break the mouth tasty. The rest of our group had things like salads and stuffed sirloin. Everyone was pleased with their meal. Portions were great and service outstanding. You have got to give them a try.

Visited July 2014
Bobette M, Owner at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hi, Rick. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you recommending us so highly! Hope to have you back for another Ribeye this summer.

Until next time,
Bobette, General Manager
“best steak at Bakersfield”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

this place is beautiful have an excellence service and the new york steak is delicious. The ribs I dont like a lot of.

Es un restaurante muy bonito, el plato New York Steak es delisioso, la costilla no me gusto mucho

Visited July 2014
Bobette M, Owner at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks for coming in while you were in the area! While I love hearing that the service and NY Strip were great, I wish the ribs had hit the spot as well! I appreciate you letting me know that wasn't the case, and I'll be sure to look into it. Have a safe trip back!

Bobette, General Manager