“Perfect Portions”

Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 826 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the best Prime Rib, Steaks and Seafood in town. Full Bar with a great wine list. Happy Hour Mon-Fri 2pm-6pm. Outdoor patio seating and Banquet room seating up to 80 people.
Michigan
“Perfect Portions”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ordered from the early bird dinner menu and were very pleased with the selections, price and most of all the wonderful meal. Be sure also not to leave without dessert. Worth it to get one of each. Wait staff too was awesome.

• Visited December 2013

Reasonable prices.
Delicious pudding dessert!

Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Not a great diner. we did get there late but it was really bad”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Ok, we did get there pretty late on a week day night. The hotel recommended it. The server was bad, the steaks were unedible. The salad was actually great and was made at the table. It is the only thing we could recommend.
We each ordered a steak. My wife had a File Mignon and I had a New York. Hers was barely cooked and so over salted she had to return it. Mine was ok for the first two bites but then the salt got to me so badly I couldn't finish it.
The service was miserable. The other reviews are good so either we just expect good food for the money or we just hit the worst waiter and kitchen staff they have. Who knows, but I would never set foot in the place again, well...accept for a salad.

• Visited November 2013
Kevin L, Owner at Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I know it's been several months, but this is the first time I'm reading this review and wanted to address it personally. We've been a Bakersfield staple for 22 years, so I can promise what you're describing is not an accurate reflection of our food, our service or our attitude in general. I want to apologize for what sounds like a very off evening. Were we able to bring your wife something more to her liking when she returned her steak? Did you happen to let your server know that your's was inedible? We should have immediately worked to accommodate you.

I do hope you will give us one more shot if you're ever back in the area. We'd love nothing more than to knock it out of the park for you moving forward.

Much appreciated,
Bobette, General Manager
Nanaimo, Canada
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a wonderful place to enjoy a great dinner after a long (or even short) drive. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the food was excellent.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank James H
Monterey, California
“Delicious Food, Superb Service!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place advertises the "best prime rib" - they are right! We both thoroughly enjoyed the prime rib, cooked to perfection. Crisp, delicious salads. The sides (mashed potatoes & onion-fried greenbeans) were beyond our expectations. The drinks (full bar) were some of the best we've had. Service? Well, prepare to be "blown away" - from the moment we walked in, the friendliness and efficiency of the service was noteworthy. If I could give this place SIX stars, I would... (the only downside was...it's a bit noisy...but tolerable & worth it).

• Visited October 2013