“Delicious Food, Superb Service!”

Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 841 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the best Prime Rib, Steaks and Seafood in town. Full Bar with a great wine list. Happy Hour Mon-Fri 2pm-6pm. Outdoor patio seating and Banquet room seating up to 80 people.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place advertises the "best prime rib" - they are right! We both thoroughly enjoyed the prime rib, cooked to perfection. Crisp, delicious salads. The sides (mashed potatoes & onion-fried greenbeans) were beyond our expectations. The drinks (full bar) were some of the best we've had. Service? Well, prepare to be "blown away" - from the moment we walked in, the friendliness and efficiency of the service was noteworthy. If I could give this place SIX stars, I would... (the only downside was...it's a bit noisy...but tolerable & worth it).

1  Thank Steve B

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I'm normally a ribeye guy, but the house specialty is prime rib. I got the classic cut 12 oz prime rib, prepared medium rare. And, it was delivered as-requested. I was at the bar, received excellent service, and will go back next time I'm in town.

1  Thank ConflictedRebel
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We took the advise of others and had a very nice dinner. The steaks were cooked just right and the salad was great. Only problem was our waiter (Adam) he seemed to have his mind on something else besides doing his job.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Rarely will hotel staff mention another restaurant and not their own, so I suspected this just might be a restaurant to check out, especially since I was asking about steak. We walked past another steak place to get to this one and we were not disappointed! Salad fixed right at our table per our own choices...Romaine lettuce very fresh with my choices of garbanzo beans, etc. Asked and received the salad dressing on the side. NY sirloin steak was cooked perfectly and loved my baked potato. We were heading to wine country so we enjoyed ice cold draft beer here. Will want to be in Bakersfield at least for another meal here sometime in my future! We ate in the bar area and I think there is outdoor seating, but we wanted the air conditioned space.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had dinner w/ 4 colleagues. Each of us ordered a different type of steak. Everyone said it was excellent. Salads are made at your table and are very fresh. Service was quick. variety of food is very good. I have eaten here 4-5 times now and am never disappointed.