“Clean & comfortable hotel :)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Clean & comfortable hotel :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My cousins & I stayed here for one night with our tour group. I found the beds very comfortable and the hotel was very clean. We were very tired from our long journey so we only stayed in our room. We got free breakfast in the morning and I remembered it to be better than most of the hotels we stayed in :) I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ca643, Sales Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words are truly appreciated and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ramona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Looking for a comfortable place with a bars and breakfast? This might be it. Add in the fact that it is reasonably priced. Convenient for the pass-through traveler (right off Hwy 99). This was about the half way point for a trip we made and did not want to push for a long day. The room was pleasant with the mandatory clean sheets, hot water and comfortable mattress. In fact, it was one of the best night's sleep I had on my trip. The small bar (lounge) in the lobby allows one to get something to drink in a nice modern spoit. The breakfast was more than adequate, with eggs, toast, juice, cereal, etc. Staff at check-in, in the lounge, during breakfast, and at check out was pleasant and helpful with questions. I travel through Bakersfield often and will again stop here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ca643, Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words are very appreciated and we are happy your enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Bakersfield!

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My stay was very comfortable.
I was here visiting my mother in the hospital. Room was clean, breakfast was hot and hardy, very friendly service, and I enjoyed my stay. Thank you to Joey, the manager, for asking me each day how my mom was doing.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
ca643, Clarion Staff at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have shared your comments with Joey, and he wants to thank you for your kind words.We do care about our guest and work hard to provide them with the best stay possible. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Extended family came from all across the country to spend Thanksgiving together and, the Clarion was our home base for accomodations. Got a great low group rate and it's across the street from shopping and restaurants. That was the only positive.

Check in was uneventful. Got to our room for a quick shower and change before our dinner gathering off-site. Noticed that, the sink water stank. Came back later at night. The smell in room 221 room met us at the door. It was a really strong, horrible mix of funky sour feet and mold! No exageration.

Immediately got a room change and was offered an upgrade to a deluxe for the inconvenience. Room 302 was comfortable but housekeeping was really lacking (needed vacuuming, dusting, moping). Breakfast was the bare basic. No meat offering and skimpy on the fruit.

Wasn't looking for a resort experience but, I reasonably expected clean and tidy. Even the bath towel was thread bare with a hole in it! Just about everyone in our family were dissapointed with their accomodations. Will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
ca643, Clarion Staff at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is appreciated and we apologize for your dissatisfaction with your recent stay. Our goal is to continuously provide outstanding service and it is disheartening to hear that we fell short. This is certainly not something that we would want any of our guests to have to experience. We will address this to the Housekeeping manager. We value you as a guest and hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future

With Hospitality,

Clarion Staff

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Recently we stayed at the Clarion on our way from Arizona back to British Columbia. We have stayed here at least twice before, so like the location and friendly staff. The nearby Hungry Hunter Restaurant is excellent and Costco is a convenience for members. The breakfast was very disappointing: very little selection and much of that was poor quality compared to other comparable establishments. The jar for tips was an insult.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
ca643, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here. We appreciate you staying with us again. Regarding the breakfast, I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff for failing to exceed your expectations. We will be using this feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an enhanced experience for our guest in the future.

We hope to see you back again.
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times in the past but it had been a while so I wasn't sure if it would be the same but luckily for me it hasn't changed. Great service at check-in. Very efficient and friendly service. And the room was great. Very clean and tidy. If you're looking for something fancy then you're at the wrong place but this place gives me everything I need. A nice TV with lots of channels, coffee maker, micro-wave, frig, everything that makes my stay comfortable. Yes it is showing signs of age but it is everything I need and want.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the back side of the hotel and open the window you'll get a lot of freeway...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ca643, Clarion Staff at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and the staff. We are delighted to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again.
We look forward on your next visit. Take care
Bromborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I arrived at about 7.30pm on Monday Sep. 16th. 2013. We had just ended a long drive from Monterey. We were treated very kindly by the check-in staff. They were welcoming and immediately provided us with a nice room. No complaints about the room. Comfortable bed with very white sheets. Clean tidy, everything worked.
Our only problem was that our mobile phone could not connect to the hotel wi-fi. This problem had persisted for the previous 2 days at other hotels.My wife was becoming very worried with not being able to contact our family back in the United Kingdom. A member of the staff, I believe his name was Joey immediately attempted to sort out the problem. While we unwound at the bar, Joey made every effort to solve the problem. Eventually his efforts failed but he did say that he would see us again the following morning and try something else.
Tuesday morning, Joey made himself immediately available to us. He had put more money onto his own mobile phone. He then told my wife to immediately phone England. She complied and made contact with the family. Panic over, one happy woman and all because a member of staff went the extra mile for us. Although finance was never requested, I was very happy to re-imburse Joey for his trouble , Other members of the staff were very friendly too. I therefore cannot reccomend the Clarion Hotel more highly.
Problem with the phone was sorted out later at a phone shop in the same area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ca643, Clarion Staff at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. We do care about our guest and work hard to provide them with the best stay possible. Your kind words about Joey and the staff are a great reward to us.

We hope to see you and your wife again!

With Hospitality