“Nice hotel”

Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
San Jose, California
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice hotel, staff on check-in was super friendly. Room is spacious. My chair was defective (couldn't lock from reclining) but I didn't complain to have it fixed. I'm sure if I had it would have been resolved. The hotel is a campus/complex style, building separated by paths with nice garden and ponds.

Breakfast is at next-door building. It was okay.

Not super cheap, but hard to find a hotel under $90 these days.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Tracy W, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the broken chair, we will be on the lookout for it. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Everything was as expected and as advertised. The rooms were very large. The heat worked very well and we certainly needed it. The hotel has a nice outdoor area and decent pool with jacuzzi which are heated year round. The gym was a bit small but served its purpose. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Checkin and checkout both went well. It was a good stay. The rooms are not a great value for the money as they are a bit pricey. Other than that, everything was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you had a good time while visiting us in Bakersfield and that you were able to stay warm. It can get a bit chilly here in December. Thanks for choosing Four Points. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.
San Juan Capistrano, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after a grueling slog through Orange and LA Counties on a Friday night and knew that since we would be at a Sharaton property it would be welcoming, easy, comfortable and nice.

When we arrived about 8PM, and pulled into the porte-corchere, we noticed that the hotel looked like an aging disco queen. The front door was solid wood double doors with steps leading up to them, flanked by two seventies-looking ceramic urns. We noticed a pretty but dated looking stained glass window. We dragged our suitcases up, but realized that we should have left them in the car because we needed to drive to the back of another building.

The desk attendant was busy with another guest and did not acknowledge that we were waiting to check in. We did check in soon enough though and were sent to the back of the 400 building on the second floor. After walking up and down the hall with all our stuff, we realized THERE WAS NO ELEVATOR! And we couldn't find the stairs anywhere inside BECAUSE THE ONLY WAY UP WAS TO CARRY OUR STUFF UP THE EXTERIOR CONCRETE STAIRS, STICK THE CARD KEY IN, PROP OPEN THE DOOR, GET THE KEY OUT AGAIN AND GET IN THE ROOM. Keep in mind, we are "Gold" status. Also there was trash on the landing.

Now the room was big, nice and comfy, with a big business desk and comfortable beds and a large plain white bathroom, BUT there was NO luggage stand, NO pen and paper pad, NO robes which Sheratons usually afford, and the plug to the bathtub was broken. I called to complain, and was informed that there were no robes at all. A replacement sink plug was handed to us along with the luggage stand and the pen and paper. The microwave wasn't completely clean and seemed dated. There were no actual drawers for clothes, just pull out containers.

The next day I passed the yawning desk attendant to work out in the fitness center, where the TV faces away from the treadmills, and the water cooler was empty. It smelled rubbery.

On the good side, the bed was very cozy, warm and comfortable and the rolling TV/side table is a perfect invention for a hotel room.

Leaving the next day, we hobbled down the exterior stairs again with our stuff and hit the road.

Bottom line: rooms are OK to nice. Exterior and public areas seem somewhat neglected/dated.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room facing the pool, they seem to have a better location.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tonobono
Tracy W, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your valuable feedback. We are an older property and proud to be one of the first Four Points. Although we were built without elevators due to being only two floors, we are always happy offer any assistance, or block you in a ground room floor upon request. I hope we will have an opportunity to see you again.
The Sea Ranch, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I'm a loyal platinum member and make it a point to stay at Starwood properties whenever possible. This hotel had a spacious room, great view, was very quiet, and had a wonderfully large pool enabling me to swim laps. Agree with others that it is an old hotel, but it was clean and nicely decorated. Main issue: there were steps leading to the entrance (a pain with heavy roll-on suitcases) and even steps leading to the first floor rooms! I realize it is an older hotel but it shouldn't be that difficult to have ramps at these entrances. We were on a long trip with heavy luggage and it was a major nuisance dealing with these steps.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We are always happy to have a ground floor room ready for you upon request. We look forward to seeing you again.
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The 1st room was not clean and had to be given a new room upon arrival around 8 pm. The bed was super comfortable for sleep and the internet was fast. This hotel is in need a remodeling to update. Just have good exceptions and this place will be quite nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and giving us feedback about your stay. I apologize that your first room was not ready. We will be reviewing our check-in process to ensure that it does not happen again. I'm glad you enjoyed our special Four Comfort bed and our complimentary WiFi. I hope we will have an opportunity to see you again.
Rogers, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is terrible. It is outdated, the rooms stink, and I'm surprised that this hotel can even be called a Sheraton anymore. This hotel is old and has not been updated. We just stayed for 2 nights for a reunion that we had at the hotel. Our first room stunk so bad that we had to be switched the next day (there were no other rooms available the first night) and the second room wasn't much better. I was charged $189 per night for the room even though we were there for an event at the hotel and I was told that the group rate of $89 would apply. I was told upon checking out that that rate "was not available" even though I had made the reservation 6 months in advance. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your stay with us and your candid comments. I apologize that the room was not up to your standards. We are reviewing our processes to ensure that we resolve any issues we have with the room.
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I checked in here for a two night business trip. I'm not a hotel snob, but the experience soured me on this Four Points property.

For the good: every service staff I encountered were warm, friendly, and polite.

Everything else: when I arrived in my room, there was garbage in my trash can. Not a big deal. As night approached, I heard the unmistakable grind of a oil drill grinding away. I was too lazy to unpack and ask to be transferred, so I listened to the radio on my headphone and went to bed. I left my breakfast tag on the door for the next day. The next morning, as my delivery window passed, I called down to concierge, who directed me to the Bistro, the adjacent restaurant. They asked if anyone picked up my tag, and I said they had, then asked if I left the tag out in time for pick up. I had. They blamed the security guard for not delivering my tag. They said they could put in my order. I didn't have time, so I declined, and canceled the pending order. I was annoyed, but things happen. I went to make myself coffee with the in-room coffee maker, but there was no coffee filter.

Without breakfast and coffee and running behind, I went to iron my dress shirt. Alas, no ironing board or iron. Things happen, but mornings can be frantic and it's always the little things.

Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the back building. That's where the oil drills were working, and it's interm...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tracy W, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your candid feedback. It certainly appears that we failed to meet your expectations, and even our established standards. I sincerely apologize. We will be reviewing all of your items with our staff to ensure we are taking whatever steps necessary to meet our guests expectations. I hope we will have an opportunity to see you again at Four Points.