“Nice pretty place tucked away from the usual busy streets” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield

Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Lebanon, New Jersey
“Nice pretty place tucked away from the usual busy streets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Did I just use the word pretty to describe a hotel? Quietest sleep I have had in a hotel in long time. Good location – a mile to many restaurants. Good rooms. We got a great value on priceline. Friendly simple service. Not sure I have ever rated a hotel excellent – but here goes. PS. go to Farmer Boys for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tracy W, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We don't mind being called pretty at all. We are pleased that we provided you with excellent service during your stay.

We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Bakersfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Visalia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I thought Four Points was a much lower level of hotel (like Fairfield is to Marriott) - what a pleasant surprise! This place is Iike an oasis in Bakersfield, from the casual feel of the lobby, VERY professional and pleasant staff, to the lovely garden-like grounds (with fountains, babbling brooks, a VERY inviting pool, jacuzzi and fire pit). Decent, clean exercise room but with free weights, no weight machines. Half the rooms face the interior grounds, and half of those have patios that open toward the fountains and pool, lovely place for an afternoon cocktail.

The property is probably 15 years old but nicely renovated. Rooms have large flat screen TVs with HD cable. The Bistro (on-site restaurant and bar) are good, if a little expensive. The location is very close to many other restaurants and several markets (Von's, Fresh & Easy and Lassen Natural Foods), as well as 5 minutes from downtown and freeways.

I've stayed here at least a dozen times in the past year, and had consistently pleasing experiences with the staff.

Only complaint would be that weekends bring many large groups that equal more noise (Soccer teams, weddings, classic car clubs, etc) but hey, the hotel has to stay busy to stay in business!

Room Tip: Ask for a patio room! Often the same price if they're not booked up.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dboard9Abuja
Shanell G, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and your kind words. It is a pleasure serving you and I hope that you will continue coming back to our hotel so that we can keep providing an enjoyable experience. Thank you.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I wasn't expecting anything special from the Four Points Sheraton, so was pleasantly surprised to find a hotel that is superior in every way. It seems Sheraton attaches the "four points" label to their lesser properties, but except for the lack of the signature perfume in the lobby, they could easily brand this place as a top shelf Westin.

Check in was easy and quick. My room was huge, with new furniture, a nice desk, and a super-comfy bed. Even the in-room coffee was better than the traditional 'saw dust' more commonly found in hotel rooms.

I didn't use the pool, but even just walking by, it and the surrounding gardens were attractive and inviting.

The restaurant is designed specifically to accommodate single business travelers who desire a nice meal without feeling out of place. Individual banquettes offer a bit of privacy while still allowing a view of the room's attractive decor. I asked for a different preparation of my dinner entree than listed on the menu and the chef out-did himself making it a treat.

When I'm on the road, a morning run from wherever I'm staying keeps me sane and relatively fit. I used the map function on my iPhone to discover that even though the hotel seems to be located in an office building desert, an inviting neighborhood lies just in back of it, allowing a traffic and noise free session.

If I make it back to Bakersfield in the future, I'll make sure to stay at this hotel.

1 Thank TVTravel
Thank you for the kind words. We are proud to be a Four Points by Sheraton and we are glad that we met you expectations.

We look forward to providing you with a Superior stay whenever you are in Bakersfield.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very nice property!! Stayed here because we are Starwood members and needed a place to split the drive to the East Bay.. Glad we did..nice grounds , big rooms.. Close to restaurants.. Great pool .. Sitting on the patio now ahhhhh!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy W, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us and we will have a patio room waiting for you.
Folsom, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on May 15th. Front desk was fast and efficient. Room was spacious, had a large desk, and a flat screen TV. Room was clean. Bed was a little hard but you can't have everything... All in all I would stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shanell G, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. You feedback is very appreciated and I am glad you had a good stay over all. Hope to see you again.

Shanell Gridiron
Ojai, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I travel for business alot, and for pleasure. On Saturday, May 12, 2012, I had pre paid reservations for a patio room at the Four Points Sheraton in Bakersfield, CA. When I arrived, I was told by a smiley faced girl that my reservation had been changed to an upstairs room without a patio(she said I had called a day before to change the room). Afer spaeking to her for a few minutes to straighten out my reservation, she gave me the upstairs room, and charged me again, evn though I was explaining to her that is was prepaid. When I got to my room, it as awful. I called downstairs to ask for new one, and she answered the phone. She assured me I would not get double billed, although I just had been, and no patio rooms were available. BUT...."if I had my paperwork with me, she might able to help me". I unpacked, went down to the desk with my paperwork about an hour later, and she asked if she could help me again. I told her the story again, gave her the paperwork she wanted, and she looked it over. Told me I was right, and she could probably get me a room with a patio. I was only staying a night so I declined the new room. Too tired to argue anymore. Bottom line, this receptionist put on her smile, however, it was a fake one, as she would not do anything to make my stay better.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. Rooms are Motel 6 style, noisy, and customeer service is less than Motel 6.
1 Thank shooke
Thank you for your feedback. It seems that your stay with us was not a good experience. It began with a mix up in the reservations and only to realize that your preferred room type was no longer available. This must have been dreadful. I truly apologize for the convenience as this does not happen us very often. Upon a return visit I am certain that we will be able to accomodate your needs and as you relax on your patio by the pool.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Rooms very pleasant and large and clean. I would like to see a refrigerator, but so often these hotels just don't have them.
On the whole staff helpful and nice with the exception of the person checking me in who either was incapable of understanding an English accent but needed names spelt out over and over, and then seemed to act like everything was a bit of a drag - although what I was requesting was exactly what had been requested in advance, so often things just don't seem to filter through from reservations to the front desk!
The internet is very slow too, surprisingly.
The setting, gardens and pool are lovely, all is very peaceful, room service menu and actual service and quality of food very good indeed.
But please a note to all hotels, the person doing check-in is your front line person and can make or break one's experience, and hey if I'm a customer, then you surely you want to treat me like one, not like it's a bit of a drag to check a couple of things!

Room Tip: make sure you check that your room is on a ground floor level if you don't want to deal with sta...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback as it is much appreciated. It seems that there was some miscommunication at the front desk. It is very frustrating when we cannot make others understand what we are trying to convey. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I assure you that upon your next visit we will have the understanding to accomodate your needs.