“Great service, particularly Johnny at front desk”

Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
New York City, New York
“Great service, particularly Johnny at front desk”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The hotel was beautiful but even better was the excellent service from Johnny at reception. He made myself and my two traveling companions feel welcome and valued. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BlueJae
Shanell G, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for your response. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We strive to provide excellent customer service and to make our guest feel welcomed and comfortable. Johnny seemed to have done a great job and I will commend him on a job well done. We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Four Points (Sheraton) provides a pleasant atmosphere with its modular buildings and green belt areas. The hotel is in an upscale business area dotted with many multi-level office buildings populated with consulting firms, law offices, and high-tech companies. The hotel staff was welcoming and very cordial on arrival. The room (Executive) was spacious and quiet with a nice view of the green belt without bothersome views of other rooms. Typical accessories were HDTV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and hairdryer. Entrance to each floor is regulated with a keycard pass for security. Breakfast was included that consisted of a set menu (American, pancakes, oatmeal). Service was fine. Overall, this was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Siefken, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review of our property. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and offering a very friendly atmosphere. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Danville, CA
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Due to a long assignment in Bakersfield, I ended up staying at the Four Points for a total of 18 nights. Overall I would have to say that it is a very good hotel. During the last week of my stay I was told that I would be receiving 500 extra Starwood points since they were celebrating "Chevron week". Since I am a Chevron employee I thought this was a great idea since we certainly bring a lot of business to the hotel. After I returned home I noticed that I never received the bonus points. I called Starwood and then told me to call the hotel since they would be handling it. I have called twice and each time was told that this is something which would be handled by Starwood. When I mentioned what a run-around I was getting, the person at the hotel said that she would "handle it". Well, it was never handled. I have to say that it made for a very bad last impression.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms seem to be more quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and thank you for bringing this to my attention. Chevron is our most valued corporate client at the hotel and we were running a special as your are correct you were the company of the month. I apologize that you did not receive your points and I hope that you will reach out to me so I can make this right. Please feel free to contact me at anytime to get this resolved.

Thanks for your business,
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I reviewed this hotel a year ago on a solo one night stay, and this time had a much different experience. Last time I rated it 2/5. No problems this time with housekeeping - the room was clean. The evening manager was one of the best I have encountered, and she picked us out a room with nobody next door (important with the soundproofing being an issue last time). She was also very helpful to the person in front of me in line.

We only stayed one night on the way through town, and this property is perfect for that. It would also be a great business hotel with the huge desk area, large room, free WiFi, and large flat screen TV. The grounds are attractively landscaped, and how many hotels have their own oil well right in the parking lot? We got it on an amazingly cheap Priceline rate, so the value was off the charts for us. We also liked the free parking with the car very close to the room.

Room Tip: Be aware of thin walls. Try to get top floor, with nobody in adjoining rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your overall improved impression of our hotel. The night manager you encountered is Shannel and I agree she does do a great job with all of our guests. We have also conducted a lot of service training as well which I am glad you noticed.

Oracle, Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I really expected better from a Sheraton! This was a stopover on our way to newport beach, so we just wanted a comfortable room and a pool.
When we opened the door to room 106 we found a very large room with very little furniture- bed, sm desk & chair, arm chair- then a big empty space along one wall with a long mirror and nothing else
Before we made this reservation we called to ask about a few things: do all rooms have a mini fridge and couch? Yes, these things are standard in all rooms. Well NOT in this room and if we wanted a fridge it would be $20. and a couch? That would be an "upgrade" and $90. more!! I really felt I had been duped and the front desk staff was not going to help without more $$, period.

The positives about this Sheraton- they have a really nice inner courtyard with a large pool and hot tub and they are in a nice location.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard view room!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for writing this review of our property. I am saddened that you were conveyed the wrong information when making the reservation. Unfortunately all of our rooms do not have a microwave and fridge and this is something we are working on but we are not there yet. I apologize for the misunderstanding and if you would like to speak to me further about this misinformation feel free to contact me and I am sure we can get this problem resolved.

Eastern Sierra, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This property's staff is fantastic. I have stayed numerous times and always find the employees friendly and helpful. Yes, the rooms are somewhat basic - albeit spacious - and the fitness center underwhelming but the pool, patio and fountains provide some ambiance. Ximena adds a bright face to check-in and the wonderful hostess and the waitresses at the Bistro are very nice. The Kern River bike trail is a short hop down Mohawk. I tend to stay at SPG properties and haven't been disappointed yet here. I tried a competitor for my trip yesterday and I won't make that mistake again. Plus, how many hotels have an oil pump in the front?

Room Tip: First floor courtyard facing the pool (300, 400) or behind the fountains (500 building?).
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your very nice review of our property! Ximenax and Sandra in the restaurant are very good employees and I am so glad you acknowledged them as well. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Davis, California
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Excellent. Beautiful landscaped grounds. Professional, friendly welcome by Hotel Check-in staff when we arrived. Our check in person was Johnny and he was even wearing a suit. Nice Touch. We selected a King bed, Deluxe on the first floor with cement deck outside slider with patio table and two chairs. Made for having a really nice cup of coffee in the early morning before the heat. First class furniture/flat panel tv and nice, big bath. USA every weekday morning too. The bed was great, lots of hot water in the shower and good controls for heat/a/c. Microwave/small refrigerator too. A nice big desk for computer. Johnny helped husband print out needed material at the front office. Also a computer for travelers not bringing their own located in the main lobby. This hotel has it all. Restaurant onsite but didn't use it. Saw lots of people going in and out. This is place we will be staying when we visit the relatives in Bakersfield...for sure!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room on the first floor and got one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the nice review and you pointing out Johnny specifically as being an outstanding employee. I guess we made a great decision in promoting him recently! We hope that you will stay with us again in the very near future!