“They have been a bit up and down, but today was great!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Speakeasy Bar and Grill at 1933 Event Center
Order Online
Ranked #176 of 1,037 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went for Sunday brunch and some football. The brunch is $25.99 and a bit limited, but then again I am a pescatarian. They have bacon, sausage, chicken fajitas, country potatoes, chili verde, biscuits and gravy, shredded beef, ground beef for tacos, rice, omelets and waffles. I had the fajitas, potatoes, and an omelet. The fajitas were very good; you could tell the meat was marinated overnight. The potatoes were air cooked, so less grease, but changed the consistency. I absolutely loved the omelet. I had a veggie omelet and they use good cheddar cheese. The only down is no jalapenos. Not spicy, but I put a delicious tomatillo verde sauce on it and a scoop of guacamole from the taco bar area. I had a Bailey's and Coffee which came with coffee and a shot of Bailey's on the side. Just the right amount. Some make the coffee too sweet.

They open at 9:30, which is the perfect time to come before it gets busy when football has already started. We got to choose whatever seat we wanted. I see that they also do reserved tables too.

Unlike the last few times we have come, we received excellent service from Christal, our server, and the guy (I didn't get his name) that does the omelets and waffles was really nice and delivers the omelet to your table.

They have a bloody Mary and mimosa table to make your own drink, after ordering your glass with the alcohol in it. We found that letting them make it is $1.50 cheaper.

Great start to a Sunday afternoon!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed October 3, 2018

During this fall 1933 Speakeasy is very oriented towards Sunday football. I had lunch with my friends and we went to the patio for quiet. Food was fair, soup was too salty. Service was attentive and friendly

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a light late night snack and drinks. The filet sliders were cooked to perfection and only $6.00!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank cgerz
Reviewed July 29, 2018

The Speakeasy has it going on. It, you may ask? The service. The food. The atmosphere!I was here with a group of people from high school and every moment was great.
My server, Shayne S. (on the receipt) was the perfect server, ever!
She was on every move with my food, and drinks.
She is the best
The food was hot and delicious.
Beers were cold.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Each time here I feel like it’s just a few clicks away from being a top rated restaurant but each visit has a few things that keep it a notch lower. We enjoy the ambiance and if you want to watch sports on BIG TVs, this place will work for you. The menu selection is very good and will offer something appealing for almost anyone.

On this visit our family ordered the Fried Green Beans, several burgers including the Guacamole Burger, Chicken Parmigiana Sliders, Hot Wings, a cup of Chile, the Santa Fe Salad and the Sampler Plate. We all enjoyed our food with the exception of the sliders. The person who ordered them said, “This just doesn’t work.” (She has previously loved their pork sliders.) My burger was over cooked, but still tasty, and the wings order had to be returned because it wasn’t correct. The salad and the sampler plate were quite good. The green beans were a big hit.

Service was marginal on this visit. There were extended periods when our server was no where to be seen. I had to go to the reception deck to get something we had previously ordered but hadn’t been delivered.

This is a place that could be five stars but is also capable of falling to three stars. Given many other choices, we may or may not return.

Date of visit: May 2018