“Entertaining”

Crystal Palace and Museum
Ranked #1 of 40 things to do in Bakersfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Combination theater and a museum housing memorabilia spanning Buck Owens' 40 year career in country music.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food wasn't bad but wasn't great either. They have live bands playing sometimes, a bar & a dance floor...pretty fun place to be during the week.

1  Thank rloro1977

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I love the Crystal Palace!!! Food is fabulous - you must try the pork chops. Entertainment is the best in town. The regular weekend band, The Buckaroo's, really are good enough to go on tour and they also bring in A-list Country singers like Brad Paisley, Dwight Yoakum, etc. The entertainment throughout the week is also top notch. Sunday's they have a Country Brunch which is delicious! If you're a Buck Owens's fan, you'll be truely in awe at the memorabilia displayed throughout.

1  Thank Flyanbfree
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As huge fan of Buck Owens and other Bakersfield musicians, I was really looking forward to stopping in here enroute to L.A. I was disappointed to find that the restaurant was closed, as I got there too early. With it being Buck Owens' place in Bakersfield, I had envisioned it being busy throughout the day, but if you get there before 5 pm, nothing is happening. The dining hall and stage are in the middle of what serves as the museum, so be sure to go at dinner time when you can view the artifacts for free. I paid the $5 entrance and was pretty disappointed. Standard Hard Rock Cafe stuff. We were the only ones there, and it felt like we were wandering through a closed restaurant. I kept expecting someone to confront me and ask me what I was doing in there! His big old Cadillac was cool to see. I would have liked to see something along the lines of a video presentation or at least some written material on the life and times of the great man. Just a lot of photos of him with celebrities, every plaque or letter of appreciation ever given to him must be hanging on those walls. Some guitars and gold record displays, a few Nudie suits. They didn't even have any Buck Owens tunes playing in the place. I'm sure I would have had a different opinion had I attended a concert and/or had dinner there. It looks like it would be a fun place to do that. But as a museum, not so much.

1  Thank Kevin95630
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place was a fun night out, friendly locals, comboy music, line-dancing!! It was our saving grace while staying at the disgusting Days Inn, Bakersfield. Kept us sane.

2  Thank coolyback
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Crystal Palace is a fun place to go, but you have to buy into the whole country theme. The chicken fried steak is awesome in a down-home-stick-to-your-ribs kind of way. Don't expect any healthy or diet options. It is a really great place to see a live show, due to the intimate size. Yee-haw!!!!

1  Thank TravelStylista