“Fun and delicious”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is dinner and a show!!! The table cooking is delicious and fun!! We have tried the shrimp, chicken, filet mignonette, and the new York steak. All very good!! The fried rice is excellent but you can also get steamed rice. The salad comes with dressing...I'm not a fan of it but the rest of my family is. The soup is a broth that you drink from the bowl. The sautéed vegetables are fresh. This is all included in the dinner. The tip is also included in the check total. The chef who cooks in front of you usually has corny jokes which are funny enough. This is a fun dining experience for kids too. There is a kids menu. If you don't want any meat, you can order all vegetables. Try it, you'll like it!!

1  Thank barbie47

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was recently back in Bakersfield and went to Tokyo Garden and it was as good as I remembered. The sushi was fresh and delicious and the service was great.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I love going here for the tapanyaki :), Yum! They do such a great job and the food tastes great. Great place to celebrate a special event or just a night out.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Meals are always good here. Teppan, sushi, and table service. It would be a plus if they had a liquor license, instead of just beer and wine. though. I've never had a bad meal here, and I've eaten here dozens of times.
Recommended!

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Everything about Tokyo Gardens is great. The service is always excellent and I haven't tried anything on the menu that I havent liked. They are very kid friendly and I like that they have a kids tempanyaki option on the menu. Speaking on the tempanyaki, it is the best show that I have seen anywhere. They have great sushi, my family loves the chicken fried rice, and I am addicted to the teryaki steak.

1  Thank Christy W