“Fabulous variety, good food”

Hodel's Country Dining
Ranked #8 of 849 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We have been to Hodel's Country Dining several times on our way up Highway 99. The place is spotlessly clean and has excellent breakfasts--it has an excellent omelette area; a huge selection of fruits; waffels; meats and potatoes; and juices and drinks.

This is a place frequented by locals, but the service is quite good, the place comfortable, and is a short drive off highway 99--a drive well worth taking. You leave full of good food and happy.

2  Thank LagunaMike

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Since we were passing through Bakersfield around dinner time and we were all hungry, I suggested going to Hodel's. We had been there before and it was always good, so everyone agreed. Just as expected, the food was great and the price was super reasonable. The place is very clean and the atmosphere is nice, too. Anyway, I'm sure we will be back. I definitely recommend Hodel's. The one down side is that you may want to hit the treadmill a little longer the next day! It will be worth it, though.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Kind of what you would expect in a buffet, but Hodels has been pulling it off in a very tasty way for a long time. The fried chicken is especially delightful - among the best I've ever had. (But I don't indulge very often). A varied lunch, busy with Kern County Sheriff Deputies, which to me is always a plus. And I feel safe. Overall, very good food - come hungry!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hodels is awesome. It is a busy buffet style restaurant, with fresh fruits and vegetables. Homestyle entrees like stuffed bell peppers, barbq beef, Fried chicken etc. The service is friendly and obviously is a very popular with the community. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nice spot for families or a good brunch. The food is hearty so prepare yourself for some very delicious home cooking.