All reviewsfresh fruitfast foodgreat place to staywould stay here againdecent breakfastcomplimentary breakfastoatmealbusiness tripsmoking roomthe breakfast areaeasy accessupon checknice stayfront desk clerkcomfortable roomsan franciscostayed one night
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hampton Inns at the Bakersfield Airport is a tremendous bargain with exemplary service and complimentary breakfast. The only Bakersfield hotel we could find with shuttle service to/from Meadows Field. Recommend it highly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Chose hotel thru online travel website based on occupancy and price. Turned out to be a excellent choice and great value. The staff was friendly and helpful. Wasn't expecting much for Bakersfield area, however in the end I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was traveling from Canada to Bakersfield on business. My first contact was with Veronica on my cell. I booked the hotel over the phone. When I told her I could GPS her location she told me they don't always work well with this hotel and gave me simple instructions on how to get to her. This potential saved me a huge headache! Thanks. Nice clean rooms. A newer hotel. Very friendly staff. Only a few places to eat within walking distance. Free breakfast that was good for free. Eat at Denny's for dinner. Not bad. Staff were awesome!

Room Tip: Expect a clean quiet place to stay with friendly staff and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Part of a wedding party we stayed here for two nights. It was a sold-out weekend as a tennis team was also staying here, as well as attendees for another wedding during the same weekend. Accommodating staff, we had smoking rooms due to a last minute request, and were upgraded at check-in to nonsmoking suite and a double room! Fast check-in. The suite was luxurious, expansive and clean! The kingsize bed and pull-out sofa in the livingroom area was comfortable, and most pull-out sofas are not, but this one was! The desk area had two chairs, and free wifi! Free wifi! Yes, free wifi! I have to mention the kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, sink, even a mirror, etc. Bathroom was spacious with separate sink and enclosed toilet/bathtub and shower. Ample towels and toiletries. A flat-screen television on top of the three drawer dresser could be seen from both the sofa and the kingsize bed. There was a mini-store in the lobby too. The iron and ironing board worked well and were easy to use. So, the room was very comfortable, spacious, well-maintained, clean! The complimentary breakfast was very good as well, with yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereals, bacon, "eggs", waffle maker, toast, breads, pastries, fresh juices and coffee and hot chocolate and/or tea. There is a seating area with a large flat screen t.v. and I noticed several guests watching a football game there. The area has several fast food eateries, including a Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, and Denny's. Also, there were gas stations on the corner. Not much of a view, and I did see the pool, and I note there was a fitness area but did not partake. All in all, I would definitely stay here again next time I visit. Hampton Inn reflects what a quality hotel with well-trained staff should be and has all the amenities a traveler would want for a nice, comfortable and affordable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel staff was very nice upon arrival and throughout my stay.Breakfast was good every morning and the area kept very clean.The room was nice and comfy they also kept it clean stocked with clean fresh towles.Would stay here every time i go to visit bakersfield.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business