All reviewsfresh fruitfast foodgreat place to staywould stay here againdecent breakfastcomplimentary breakfastoatmealbusiness tripsmoking roomthe breakfast areaeasy accessupon checknice stayfront desk clerkcomfortable roomsan franciscostayed one night
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I travel to Bakersfield monthly and this is my hotel of choice. The hotal is clean and the staff is friendly. The two diffentiators for this hotel in my opinion are the fast internet (so I can Skype my family from the road) and the airconditioner built into the wall (not noisy at all).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dan R
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This property is situated near the airport and next to Highway 99. Aside from some fast food nearby, you definitely need a car. It’s a typical Hampton although not all of the rooms of this generation of Hampton Hotels have a bathtub (about 50% of each room type, we were told) only a shower (although very spacious) so if you want a tub, put that in your room request.
Wi-fi worked well. Be very careful about where you park your car because they run their sprinklers in the afternoon and spray all over your car with hard water. The breakfast experience was by far the most disappointing of any Hampton we have visited. The one girl working in the breakfast area could never keep anything filled and at times there was a ten-minute wait for their omelets. The breakfast breads were never refilled. Adding insult to injury, the girl, purse in hand, left the hotel at 9:23 even though breakfast went until 10 AM. Trash was left by guests outside the rear entrance in the ashtray and it steadily grew overnight so was quite disgusting by the morning. There were no shady parking spaces to keep your car cool from the blistering heat; the building is situated such that there is not even a shadow from the building to park in. We’d think twice before staying here again. The management has some real training to do with their staff so the hotel runs 24/7 like a Hampton should.

Room Tip: north side so you're away from direct sunlight and heat
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2CAtravelers
Reviewed July 9, 2012

everything here was good. rooms were clean. staff was pretty helpful. only thing bad was the pool. lotsa chlorine. i mean alot. we couldnt open our eyes and when we did after we got out the pool our eyes were hurting for about 2 hours

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We needed a place close to the Famoso Raceway and found this place from the great reveiews it received. I have to agree with everyone, the town is small and not the best of neighborhoods, but the hotel was awesome. The room was pretty big with a huge, comfortable bed and a pull out bed. The room had a small fridge, sink and microwave, which is so rare in hotels now days! Room was clean and comfortable. I guess they were in the middle of switching cable complanies so a lot of the channels didn't work, but I was ok with that because I do not watch a lot of tv. The pool was on the small side, but clean. I loved the free, hot breakfast in the morning, great selection. Check out was quick and easy! If I ever go back to the race track out there, we will be back! Great value!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

...lies in the middle of nowhere...ok, the neighbourhood isnt the best, i tried to find a supermarket in the evening, the only one has been a 99cent Store...not my best idea. Maybe there are others, GPS didnt find them. So, thats the con. The Hotel itself is awesome. The first Hotel i have been to where the bedspread is white and fresh bleached for every guest...the bed itself couldnt be better (after a 500 mile trip and with a bad back...) - as in all Hampton Inns i guess. WiFi good, all Electric Stuff rather new and working, Desk Lamp with 2 plug ins for charging units...happy of not having to search them behind the tv or under the bed like elsewhere (its the small things making you happy). The bathroom: Looked fresh renovated, extremly clean, some 15 towels (couldnt decide after taking a shower). A/C ok, not too noisy...and windows to open, even on the 5th floor. Summary: Not really a thing to get better, even after thinking over. Thank you for that stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo