All reviewsfresh fruitfast foodgreat place to staywould stay here againdecent breakfastcomplimentary breakfastoatmealbusiness tripsmoking roomthe breakfast areaeasy accessupon checknice stayfront desk clerkcomfortable roomsan franciscostayed one night
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We needed a place close to the Famoso Raceway and found this place from the great reveiews it received. I have to agree with everyone, the town is small and not the best of neighborhoods, but the hotel was awesome. The room was pretty big with a huge, comfortable bed and a pull out bed. The room had a small fridge, sink and microwave, which is so rare in hotels now days! Room was clean and comfortable. I guess they were in the middle of switching cable complanies so a lot of the channels didn't work, but I was ok with that because I do not watch a lot of tv. The pool was on the small side, but clean. I loved the free, hot breakfast in the morning, great selection. Check out was quick and easy! If I ever go back to the race track out there, we will be back! Great value!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

...lies in the middle of nowhere...ok, the neighbourhood isnt the best, i tried to find a supermarket in the evening, the only one has been a 99cent Store...not my best idea. Maybe there are others, GPS didnt find them. So, thats the con. The Hotel itself is awesome. The first Hotel i have been to where the bedspread is white and fresh bleached for every guest...the bed itself couldnt be better (after a 500 mile trip and with a bad back...) - as in all Hampton Inns i guess. WiFi good, all Electric Stuff rather new and working, Desk Lamp with 2 plug ins for charging units...happy of not having to search them behind the tv or under the bed like elsewhere (its the small things making you happy). The bathroom: Looked fresh renovated, extremly clean, some 15 towels (couldnt decide after taking a shower). A/C ok, not too noisy...and windows to open, even on the 5th floor. Summary: Not really a thing to get better, even after thinking over. Thank you for that stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very nice beds. However stay away from the GM, Jennifer Marshall. When we asked the GM for a discount Jennifer rudely replied you are getting the best rate and can stay somewhere else if you dont like it. She was very short and very rude, she could care less if I took my business somewhere else and was not at all interested in being curious, friendly, or helpful. Asked to speak to Jennifer's boss, as this did not feel like an appropriate response from a manager. Jennifer refused to give me any contact information for anyone above her. Was told to call 800Hampton, where I received the run around (as Im sure she knew would happen). The # to call to file a complaint against Jennifer is 703-883-1000

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter. If there is a floor above you, you can hear people walking/stomping around the room above you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LetsrideT
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stopped here while on a road trip. Great location for drivers - on the edge of town, right off the highway. Starbucks, gas station, McDonald's, Subway, etc, all nearby. Room was very clean and modern. Safe for the single traveler. Great internet speeds.

Only bad point was that there was no one at reception when I had to check out the next morning. A pile of key cards indicated to me that there was probably no on there all morning. I was surprised at this, but I left a note and my key card, and was charged the correct amount, so I guess it worked out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank starryLondon
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is my second time staying at a Hampton Inn. This particular hotel was wonderful. The front desk clerk was extremely pleasant and helpful. I notice that one reviewer mentioned that pets are allowed here. They are not. Except for service dogs. And it is a non-smoking facility as well. This is one reason I like the hotel and one reason it is great for people with allergies/sensitivities. The beds were like sinking into a cloud. I can't tell you how comfortable they were after a nine hour drive. Very clean and quiet. Complimentary breakfast. I'm very impressed with the Hampton Inn and will make it my go-to hotel on future trips.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple