“GOOD IF YOU LIKE GREEK FOOD” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mad Greek

The Mad Greek
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Baker
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Big Bear Lake, California
“GOOD IF YOU LIKE GREEK FOOD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife loves to stop at the Mad Greek on her way to Las Vegas to grab her Greek favorites. On this occasion I also stopped in with her however, I do not like Greek food. My wife stated that her Greek specialty was fabulous however, my sandwich and fries were just so-so. (Not horrible but also definitely nothing to ever come back for.) Many items appear to be made fresh so it can also take a while to get your food if you drop in during a busy time (like we did at lunch time). If you plan on stopping at this place, make it be for the Greek food or a rest stop to use the bathroom. I cannot recommend any of the non-Greek food items.

• Visited September 2013

• Hungarian first
Los Angeles
“Ain't what it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

What happened to this place?!? It used to be so good. Now the Spanakopita are gross, the orange juice is no longer Zumex and the whole ambience has changed from must-do family fun Greek diner to crappy road-side ? .

I'm sad that I can no longer stop here on the way to Vegas, but what's the point? It's not worth it anymore.

Mad Greek, put out a large sign when you've changed your ways and I will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“We enjoyed the food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was a great place to stretch our legs and eat lunch from Vegas to Santa Barbara ca
I recommend the gyro plate and their baklava was good too!

• Visited August 2013
San Clemente, California
“Tacky, but Cool!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped by The Mad Greek for lunch on our way to Las Vegas. This place is so tacky it's cool! I loved all the kitschy statues both inside and out!! The place was absolutely packed!! You'd think it was the only place to buy food on the way to Las Vegas, but no long lines at the register. We each ordered a Gyro Pita sandwich. The sandwiches were HUGE. About double the size of one you would get from Daphne's. Big, though, isn't necessarily better. The meat was dry, but not unedible. I didn't like the Tzatziki sauce that they served with the Gyros as it contained large chunks of pickles. I've never had pickles in Tzatziki sauce before.

• Visited August 2013
Vienna, Virginia
“Order a Gyro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped here going and coming Las Vegas-San Diego. Going, we had gyros -- they're huge and good. Coming we had Greek salads and strawberry shakes,

Stick to the gyros!