“Order a Gyro”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped here going and coming Las Vegas-San Diego. Going, we had gyros -- they're huge and good. Coming we had Greek salads and strawberry shakes,

Stick to the gyros!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ordered two shakes from the Mad Greek. Server was barely civil. Flies were numerous inside this restaurant.

Booths were old and torn and taped up.

I found the restaurant smell sickening and the ladies room especially foul smelling.

Shakes weren't that great either.

Next time, I'll stay on I-15 and keep driving. No plans to ever stop at the Mad Greek again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

On our way home from Vegas to Los Angeles we stopped at this place for lunch, it was my first taste of a gyro and can't complain much. The taste is good, meat was warm and soft along with the pita bread. We ordered a strawberry shake which tasted good also, the atmosphere is nice and friendly, very "mom and pop" place in between towns. Overall good experience from a tiny eating place.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

What a great place to stop in the way to Vegas! I most eat Greek food at Greek festivals (when it's invariably cooked by church ladies) or at a friend's house, and this could almost rival the home made stuff. Indeed, what I really liked about it is just how homemade it tasted. To me that means coarser flavors and less perfect textures, but with a sense of soul.

We tried the chicken dinner and the gyro. The chicken tasted just like the marinated chicken you get at festivals. It was very tasty and moist, we licked our fingers. It came with seasoned rice (who knows? maybe it's just rice cooked in chicken broth), which was both satisfying and delicious. The pita bread was quite good and the tzatziki sauce was fresher and brighter than any I'd have before.

The gyro was good, a bit salty as it's usually the case, with a good proportion of meat to other stuff.

The one problem we had was with the bean and cheese burrito my daughter ordered (they have Mexican food as well, which makes sense given that their whole cooking/serving staff appears to be Mexican). The girls felt the tortilla was too sour (I agree) and the beans tasted weird. My husband thought it was good, but his taste are broader than the girls' .

I took home a cream cheese pastry ($4, I think), which was overpriced but delicious.

I'll definitely make a point of stopping here when going to Vegas again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stopped here on the way to Las Vegas and had a very poor experience. The lady supervisor was rude to my husband and impatient while ordering. We ordered a gyro and a strawberry shake to split. The gyro was over-priced terribly stale and the shake tasted artificial. We asked them to remake our gyro and they did, only to still taste slightly stale ( the breading ). We got our money back on the shake as it tasted terribly artificial, not what a true strawberry shake should taste like.
The supervisor would not refund our money with the gyro even tho we were highly dissatisfied with the entire experience. We won't be back.