See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went on a retreat with my organization this past November and I had an absolutely wonderful time. The surrounding area is a hidden treasure and is definitely one of a kind. The wildlife and biodiversity is also something be amazed by.

The hosts were a lovely couple and very tentative to our needs. I would definitely give this couple my business again.

Room Tip: Go with a group no bigger than 20.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean G
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place has 9 rooms, a communal building with kitchen, a yurt, a couple of houses, and a few other facilities, such as swimming pool, play area, retreat area, etc. Well, we must have been lucky because we rented one room for 4 days and the complex was all for us! We spent most of our days in the Sequoia and King's Canyon parks, but I wish I had planned some more time to spend in the retreat!

The entrance to the parks is about half an hour drive away which is very good. The only way to improve on that would be to camp in the park itself. Coming from Europe it was quite impressive to see nature in its grandeur, and although not hosting the giant trees, the retreat itself carried that immersion-in-nature feeling too.

The place is run by volunteers and they were all super friendly and chatty. Robert welcomed us despite our despicable 1.5hour delay, Rifka accepted the reservation without prepayment as non-US money transfer proved difficult, and Larry and Alfrid joined us one night for a nice evening.

All this at affordable price. Excellent experience!!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank freechildLondon
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when I first came up here. What a pleasant surprise! the location is serene, quiet, and beautiful.they have 25 acres here at the three thousand foot level with hiking trails and nice views.I really enjoyed having meals prepared by my wife and me in there nicely equipped professional kitchen.we also enjoyed watching the hummingbirds and the finches bathing in the fountain.the swimming pool is very unusual in that it is shaped like a shamrock. I am not sure how this happened, but it sure was nice taking a dip in the pool on a nice warm day.oh and I forgot to mention that we were only 15 miles from the entrance to Kings Canyon National Park and I really enjoyed going up to see the big trees.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Larry U
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Great place to have as your base camp for sightseeing in the Sierra's. Wonderful accomodations, rooms and food, yorkshire pudding rules if you are lucky enough to have it when you're there. Quiet, peaceful and serene...enough said.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank Manicsinger
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I love coming to this place (I have stayed here 5-6 times). It is a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of life in Los Angeles. Everything slows down and I get a chance to clear my head. Having Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks just down the road is an added plus.

The place is clean and well maintained and the service is very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family