“Great quiet place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Seven Circles Retreat
Laguna Niguel, California
“Great quiet place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I went there on a motorcycle trip with 30 others. We used camping in the back. It was a perfect for setting tents up. There is a little children playground, place for campfire and a nice swimming pool with a very refreshing water. The hosts are great people. The food was excellent and plentiful. There are rooms also. Basic but very clean. It is quiet even though next to the road. Surrounding forest is amazing. Roads are perfect: twisty with beautiful views.What else do you need in a place like this? It is a gem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ertes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went on a retreat with my organization this past November and I had an absolutely wonderful time. The surrounding area is a hidden treasure and is definitely one of a kind. The wildlife and biodiversity is also something be amazed by.

The hosts were a lovely couple and very tentative to our needs. I would definitely give this couple my business again.

Room Tip: Go with a group no bigger than 20.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sean G
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place has 9 rooms, a communal building with kitchen, a yurt, a couple of houses, and a few other facilities, such as swimming pool, play area, retreat area, etc. Well, we must have been lucky because we rented one room for 4 days and the complex was all for us! We spent most of our days in the Sequoia and King's Canyon parks, but I wish I had planned some more time to spend in the retreat!

The entrance to the parks is about half an hour drive away which is very good. The only way to improve on that would be to camp in the park itself. Coming from Europe it was quite impressive to see nature in its grandeur, and although not hosting the giant trees, the retreat itself carried that immersion-in-nature feeling too.

The place is run by volunteers and they were all super friendly and chatty. Robert welcomed us despite our despicable 1.5hour delay, Rifka accepted the reservation without prepayment as non-US money transfer proved difficult, and Larry and Alfrid joined us one night for a nice evening.

All this at affordable price. Excellent experience!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank freechildLondon
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when I first came up here. What a pleasant surprise! the location is serene, quiet, and beautiful.they have 25 acres here at the three thousand foot level with hiking trails and nice views.I really enjoyed having meals prepared by my wife and me in there nicely equipped professional kitchen.we also enjoyed watching the hummingbirds and the finches bathing in the fountain.the swimming pool is very unusual in that it is shaped like a shamrock. I am not sure how this happened, but it sure was nice taking a dip in the pool on a nice warm day.oh and I forgot to mention that we were only 15 miles from the entrance to Kings Canyon National Park and I really enjoyed going up to see the big trees.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Larry U
Santa Cruz,Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

Great place to have as your base camp for sightseeing in the Sierra's. Wonderful accomodations, rooms and food, yorkshire pudding rules if you are lucky enough to have it when you're there. Quiet, peaceful and serene...enough said.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank Manicsinger
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I love coming to this place (I have stayed here 5-6 times). It is a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of life in Los Angeles. Everything slows down and I get a chance to clear my head. Having Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks just down the road is an added plus.

The place is clean and well maintained and the service is very friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank lhorthy
OXNARD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

I encourage anyone who wants some peace of mind, time for yourself, pray, worship, enjoy nature, wake up each morning seeing GODS BEAUTY!! It was an inspiration, awesome experience, went with my church 2 times, and looking forward next year!! luv Joann Porras (JOJO)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JOJOPORRAS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badger
Wuksachi Lodge
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers
Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn

Been to Seven Circles Retreat? Share your experiences!