“Amazing!!”

Laura's Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Yellville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Really good mexican food they hace encchiladas tortas chiles rellenos chimichanfas quesadillad fajitas and much much more prices go from 5.00 to 15.00 i think their most expencice thing is 13.99 they give lots of good food they have really clean and nice people! ! Def coming back!

1  Thank experto411

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yes the building and furnishings are OLD but that's part of what makes it fun. It is clean and the service is attentive. We go at least once a month, would go more often if I could remember to ask hubby if "he would like Mexican tonight"! Menu is extensive, lots to choose from. We have had several different items. Hubby and I always taste each others food and they are all good and definitely plentiful servings. I always take home enough for another meal. One thing they do not tell you but if you ask . . . the enchilada etc are maded as cheese, but if you ask for chicken, they chop up a generous portion of chicken and put it on top under the sauce and cheese they melt on top. I don't know what they do with the beef if you ask for that as we always get the chicken and it is delicoous. We went on Valentine's Day and they had free deserts on a table. They told you to help yourself. I was way too full but Hubby helped himself and said the Flan was wonderful. The price is definitely low for what you get and you get a large plate full of food. Letty's in Gassville used to get our Mexican craving business, but now that we have found Laura's, we will stay at home in Yellville.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I understand that Marion County AR is remote and with that said, this mexcafe is great ~ however.... in the grand sceme this place is nothing special. Have been there 3X, I will admit juevos rancherios was very good but other items including mainstream tacos are plain as wallpaper paste simply overdone unflavored meat. Service is fine, atmosphere is fine, location is fine but the darn flavor misses the mark. I heard another table giving each other similar comments.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Suddenly in the small town of Yellville (pop. 1300), a new restaurant was spotted. Laura's Mexican Kitchen occupies the long vacant small restaurant property at the southwest corner of the courthouse square. Since there is a shortage of reasonable restaurants in Yellville, we decided to check it out on a Saturday evening. The sign said "Open" but it was rather dark looking inside. We opened the door to find no customers but only a few employees in the back of this very old building's space. We went in, only to be followed by another family of five and later several others. One could call the restaurant decorations rather bland, but everything seemed neat and clean and we were greeted with menus, a basket of taco chips with dip and a request for what we wanted to drink.

The menu is very extensive. The usual Mexican fare and many lettered combinations of such items as tamales, tacos, etc. Prices were quite reasonable. Breakfast items are served all day long (current hours are 8 to 8). My wife had the safe sausage and eggs with hash browns and toast and I elected to try their Spanish omelet with hash browns and toast. The order was promptly prepared in a reasonable time and served hot. Wow! What a large platter for each of us. Generous portions.

I can only comment on my Spanish omelet -- it was probably the best one I have ever experienced! The various veggies in the sauce seemed fresh, the sauce was plentiful covering the omelet completely. The amount of hash browns was probably 8 times that we received in a neighboring town for breakfast -- plenty, and they were nicely browned, not dried out, and quite tasty. The only thing that might be improved for the meal was the toast was a little too toasted, just the opposite of the barely toasted we usually receive at restaurants.

The restaurant is not what one would call beautiful but based on this first experience, I will have no hesitation in returning often if the food and service continue like this. I am a local.

1  Thank Don J