“Okay food/bad service ”

Ameca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Wynne
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I went here one Monday night around 6:30. We were the only customers which surprised me. We ordered our food and ate the salsa and cheese dip. The salsa was very spicy (It would be good if u liked spicy salsa, but most people don't want it that hot). The food was good, just like other Mexican places. The chips were greasy. With us being the only customers in the restaurant I figured that we would be good to go but we were ignored. Every time we needed anything we had to get their attention from watching the baseball game. There were about 4 of them just standing around. It made me wonder if this is the reason that customers are going to don jose more often instead of Ameca.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was a good stop on our route. The salsa is tasty but not spicy and was complimentary with our meal. I tried a combo with a taco and beef enchilada. I did not care for the beef filling as it seemed to be very mushy but the flavor was fine. The queso was good and also served as the sauce on my beef enchilada. The refried beans were excellent. My husband had the chicken fajitas and he thought they were good however the portion was small as he was only able to fill one tortilla with chicken. The waiter was very good at first and for some reason toward the end of the meal, he forgot about us and we had to flag him down for the check but we weren't really in a hurry so it was more curious than annoying.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ameca is close to our hometown. We eat here at least once/week and sometimes up to 3x/week! The food is always hot and fresh. Chips and red sauce are complementary with your meal. The cheese dip is delicious. It's made with white cheese. The atmosphere is great for families. We had guests from Washington and took them here. They said they had never had Mexican food this good anywhere! We go to Ameca for all special occasions and after church every Sunday. This place is great.

1  Thank kattoe
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is your typical Mexican sit-down restaurant. The food is decent, they have a rather large menu. The value is excellent, you can get a large meal starting at $6.50.

1  Thank Kyle_in_rure
Reviewed May 25, 2012

After helping our son and his wife move to Wynne. I checked the reviews for this restaurant and we decided to try it. I was a little nervous when there were no other customers when we arrived, but the food, service, and cleanliness are all great. And other customers seemed to be enjoying their meals before we finished. The salsa was delicious as well as the fajitas.

1  Thank artist-nurse