New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good basic lodging.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nationwide 9 Inn

Nationwide 9 Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wynne
Nationwide 9 Inn
You added Nationwide 9 Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wynne
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good basic lodging.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Convenient to Hwy 1 on Hwy 64 next to Walmart. True enough as one other reviewer mentioned, the pullout couch was also worn and stained in this room 216 but the king bed itself was clean and comfortable. As has become my custom in a lower end accommodation I pulled the sheets away from the mattress for inspection, detecting no evidence of any "bugs". The room did in fact smell clean and fresh. Basic and adequate supplies, soap, shampoo, towels. Clean bathroom. The internet did NOT work which I found annoying. A call to the front desk did not resolve this issue as did the mention of it again in the morning, which led me to believe the lack of service was not a surprise to these folks. Reading the recent reviews confirmed this suspicion for me. The hotel itself was good basic lodging, but the "playing dumb" act in the case of the non functioning internet has assured that I personally won't return. Were it not raining and had I not have been settled in by the time I found this out I would have changed hotels. If you need a decent room at a fair price this place might be okay, but if you need wifi don't count on it.

Room Tip: The extreme rear of the motel, while quiet of road noise, is used as a footpath to and from the Walm...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank MinneapolisBostonTom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very upset with my stay. When a hotel says it has internet I expect for it to work. Caused me lost wages. The rooms were improperly maintenance using a bottom of an old soda can as a washer on the lamp by the bed room 207.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank mikeb1181969
Beaumont, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Rooms were dirty. Dead bugs and hair in bathroom. TV Remote had cheetohs fingerprints. Only good thing- next to Walmart

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank travelingman66655
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed here based on the good reviews on google. It is the most disgusting hotel I've stayed in. The couch had major stains, as did the carpert. The color of the toilet seat was no longer white...I have no words to describe that. We killed bugs in the bathroom and slept in full clothes for fear of bugs in the bed. If it had not been so extremely late, and us being so exhausted, we would have changed hotels. I have NO idea where the people with good reviews stayed, but it definitely couldn't have been this room.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank geauxgigi
Valley Center, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This was one of the grossest hotels I have ever stayed in. There was a nasty "stain" on the chair-- I put stain in quotations because I think with a little soap and water it could have been cleaned up. It was white and splotchy... The couch was so filthy and stained that we didn't sit on it once in the two days we were there. Within the first hour our toilet overflowed. On the plus side, it was clear water. On the negative side--it overflowed so much that our carpet got wet. The front desk (when the plunger didn't work) said, "Oh, that usually works." So it must happen frequently. They tried to give us another room, but it smelled like a fresh cigarette. Being that we had a wedding to go to, we couldn't smell like an ashtray. So we worked on our toilet until it was fixed, then used their bucket-o-rags to clean it up. Then used a second bucket-o-rags to clean the rest of it up. The second day, we went to lunch then came back to get ready for the wedding. We go to take a shower, and there are no towels in our room. But, our room has been cleaned. I went to the front desk and asked for more, and she told me that they were in the dryer and they would bring some to us when they were dry. Our friends down the way had the same problem. There was also a frighteningly large amount of 'body' hair behind the door on the floor in the bathroom. There were also abondoned toenail clippers left on our window sill. I would absolutely never stay at this hotel again. There was a sign in the office that said "no pets allowed'-- however, there was a guy across the way from us who had 2 dogs in his room. Just saying.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank MFehrenbach
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here one night as we were in town for the Midsouth Marathon. We called ahead and were surprised at the rates compared to the host hotel for the marathon. After arriving to a very warm welcome at the front desk we were glad to see the room was very clean and had the basic amenities usually found at hotels. The location was convenient as well as next door was a Walmart and some nearby restaurants. The breakfast was basic with danish rolls, toast, bagels, juices and coffee. Checkout was very quick. For $49.00 this was definitely a bargain and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Grand Cane, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

The Nationwide in Wynne, Ar offer clean, basic motel rooms for a very low price. The room was very clean and was cool and aired when we arrived. We only stayed the one night, so I can't really comment of their services, but the people at the front desk were very pleasant. The rooms are equiped with a mini fridge and a microwave. No coffee maker. But they do offer a continental breakfast with coffee. For the money it was everything I needed and expected. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Been to Nationwide 9 Inn? Share your experiences!