“Absolute dump”

Super 8 West Memphis
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The room smelt rank, we were pretty sure the bed had not been changed so asked the maid, she was rude and said it had. If so then it was by a visually impaired person. Filthy towels and a broken chair in the room, and a very strange amount of birds at dusk looking like something from the Alfred Hitchcock movie. They poop all over you're car. Avoid! Wish we had, the iron skillet restaurant next door did an awesome burger though

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The staffs at Super 8 were wonderful! You can have a nice laugh with all of them. Everyone was so welcoming and polite. The hotel itself is nice, comfy bed, nice atmosphere. Thanks for making my stay as great as possible and I would not hesitate to come back next year!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The room had been recently painted but so had the toilet seat. The room was small, the shower had a horrible smell. It didn't take me long to take a shower so I could get out of there. Not sure anything around would have been much better. I realize it is a Super 8 and not a Hilton but this one is just not quite up to par with other Super 8's.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Oh my god where do I begin, I checked into my room late friday night, as I'm walking up the stairs, I lierally see a rat going down the hall. It was late and I was tired but when I asked my man what was that, he saw it too. I hated that I had already paid for the room, This hotel is great with answering the phone, but anything you need, you must go to the front desk to get it. I asked for clean towels right before I was about to get in the shower and was told to bring the dirty ones to the front desk to get new ones. The "new" towels were old and torn. The breakfast?? What breakfast, the only thing left was make your own waffles. SMH I tried to not lt the room get the best of me but it was horrible. No iron in the room, you must give the front desk your ID and they give you the iron and the ironing board is something off the street..

Room Tip: The best tip Is to choose ANOTHER Hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Extremely clean inside great customer service with a great breakfast lounge. Wifi is great and everything is affordable

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I have to admit that my expectations were low due to the cheap night rate. Okay, here are the good points - interior entrances helped me feel safe. Waffle maker for breakfast. Cheap price. Dislikes were the overall feeling of dirtiness. The shower had black tracks on the bottom. The carpets needed a serious cleaning. And there were at least 4 security cameras around which made me think there was a reason for them. Lighting in the parking lot was minimal, which isn't safe. Also it wasn't the quietest hotel and there were probably 100 semi-trucks nearby. And there are no elevators. But if you want a cheap hotel and aren't worried about feeling clean, go for it! There is also free wifi which is nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed here for one night a few days ago and now have bed bug bites all over my body. If they were in our room, I'm assuming they could probably be in others as well. In addition to the bed bugs, we also found a dirty towel still in our bathroom and a used bar of soap in the shower. We told the gal at the front desk and she didn't seem too concerned. My advice is to spend an extra 30 bucks and stay somewhere nicer. Or...stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple