“Not worth it - service sucked.”

Knights Inn West Memphis
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The first room stank, the second one had a dirty washcloth in the shower. No hot water or alarm clock in the room. The lights went out in the bathroom. Pool was clean but I was told no towels, should've brought my own. Pets allowed - bonus.
Service sucked.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Don't go in you will be sorry. No hot water, no pool water, stuffing coming out of pillows, no light working and had to go get towels. Really close to road traffic. Noisy. Don't go in you will be sorry.

Room Tip: Keep going
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We decided to use this hotel after seeing their site it was a good cost and had nice visual looks on the computer. On arriving we checked in the girl was nice but when we got to our room it turned to a nightmare. A water hose was running and when we exited our vehicle we was attacked by mosquitoes my 4 children rushed in and us thinking once we got in room we would be okay. We entered room tired from a 10 hour hot drive and wanted to get the kids settled and food so we called the pizza place which was going to be an hour before we got it so we called to see about extra pillows and blankets. We turned on television and it would not work but one channel so we had to call front desk. When the gentleman came to room he had to bring a different remote. Upon going into the restroom the toilet paper rack was broke and rusted, the rack the towels was on was broke and falling. The pizza showed up so we fed kids and got to bed we had to leave early. All night we all fought trying to kill mosquitoes when they landed on us so we was lucky to get 3 to 4 hours sleep. The next morning we rushed to get out of the hotel (even forgot a few things there) I walked to check us out of the room and explained to the guy at front desk and told him how i also slipped in the tub that morning because there was no slip resistant mats. He did not know what to do so he gave me number to the owner. I called no answer so he gave me the number to other hotel she owns and i called they told me she would not be there til 8am which was 1 1/2 hour away. I decided to get on road and stop to get breakfast. After 8 am I called the owner and she listened to me but then reacted like it was not important she said she would have someone call me. When the GM finally called me she was very RUDE from the start every-time I would talk she would interrupt she didn't take me serious I was trying to be calm but she was RUDE RUDE RUDE not happy I told her fine I would be reporting the hotel and hung up and tried to call owner the owner picked up and as soon as I told her who I was she said quote "Melinda I do not have time for you.." I told her fine then I was going to go over her head some how and report this so that is where I am never will I go back. Later on we got a call about the stuff we left and I asked them to send it again rude staff told me that I had to spend more money and send a box for them to send it to me I said fine we will be back through in 2 weeks to pick it up..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Melinda W
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We booked 4 rooms for 4 nights at this hotel and it was the worst hotel ive been too. It was in the 90's every day and they were too cheap to fill the pool...we had to ask for towels everyday...Not EXTRA towels...just towels... We gave up and just went and bought some at a Family Dollar Store...We didnt get any soap till our last night when we got 5 days worth at once..the lights kept going off in one of the rooms, the toliet wouldnt flush, the cable in the whole place went out, the air conditioning in one room didnt work and they never sent anyone to even try and fix it. The place was dirty over all, and really had no business even being open.

They just dont know or care about knowing how to run a hotel and you should not give them your business or your money EVER!!!

Room Tip: dont waste your time or money!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joel Z
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

The pool has no water in it and the place is dirty. The front desk staff is nice but clueless about the hotel. If you have a problem the staff at as if they are just volumteering their time and they don't have the power to do anything. I am not tripping either in those words. Don't book here unless you just being cheap and don't want to spend a little extra for a clean and safe place to stay. Check the room before you pay and check the bed. There was a big yellow stain in the box mattress and the sheets seem to have been cleaned with cheap detergent.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Edywify
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I booked a group at this hotel and they over charged me by 3 rooms at 2 nights each. They will not return my calls and when they do answer they say there is no manager there. I spoke with a manager twice and they said they would look into it and they never called me back or credited my account. I called corporate Wyndham knights inn corporate, and they told me their was nothing they could do and I would need to deal with the hotel directly!! Seeing as they will not refund my money or return my calls I am been robed by this company and will NEVER stay at another wyndham hotel EVER AGAIN! Do not let them do this to you. they do not care!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! They even were over booked and one person had to go to another hotel. They trie...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stacy772
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We’ve called Knights Inn in January and made reservation for March. About 10 days priori to our stay we noticed horrible reviews and called the motel to cut the number of nights from our reservation. On same day, I’ve noticed that my credit card was charged for the full amount. Few days before our check-in, I made multiple attempts to contact the manager to get explanation. One time I got someone at the front desk who told me she ‘did not really work there’ and the next time I got a hold of someone who told me she ‘only worked there’. In either case, I was not able to find out why my card was charged in advance. We could not find this place easily. I called the front desk and they told me to look for a Budget Host Inn not Knights Inn (I was informed the $20K sign was on order). Got our room on top floor. Room was dirty, musty smell, bed sheets did not match, very few towels. My wife spent over an hour cleaning the room to make it livable. There was no soap. With fear (motel is in ‘bad’ area), we’ve opened the door to air the room out (windows do not open and air conditioner operates in recycle mode). Couple of cleaning staff stopped by and questioned if the room was cleaned today. They did not know if we just checked in or were staying here for a while already. Got a couple of towels and soaps from the cleaning staff. The area is very scary; there was an abandoned, banged up vehicle on the property (appeared stolen). The morning coffee was made from syrup (horrible). Continental breakfast: slices of bread with a jar of peanut butter and another container of jelly. What continent was this from? This place is cheap but not worth it. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple