“Bedbugs!”

Red Roof Inn West Memphis
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here on the second floor with two friends on March 15th. The next day 1 of my friends was covered in bug bites. We found bugs in both beds and walking around the fridge. Later that day I found bug bites all over me too. Many in the straight-line pattern of bed bugs. What a nightmare! Couldn't wait to get out of there. Managment tried to convince us that they weren't "bedbugs" but hey, they were bugs... in a bed!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Ashok1401, Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

the room has been inspected and that no evidence of any event has been found

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My Name is Jason Myles, I stay at the Red Roof Inn, every Tuesday night. I always check-in here because, the staff here have a really great personality, friendly-spirited, and always helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and being on the road the microwaves, wi-fi, free-cable, and the refrigerators all come in handy. Another plus is great parking for us drivers to park our big-trucks. I highly recommend this hotel for a great night stay...home away from away!! :)

Room Tip: I always get the rooms on the North Side great view and walking distance to the casino!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Ashok1401, Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

thank you for staying with us and enjoing your stay i let our staff know about your kind word

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving, computer was down, so I had to write my credit card info on paper (still worried about someone stealing my identity). The first room had a musty smell and the air did not work; however, the front desk lady was very accommodating in switching to another room....but the key did not work....third trip to front desk. She assured me there was hairdryer in room, yet another trip to front desk.

The room was filthly, visible dirt on carpet, no tissues or extra toilet paper. Basically, the room was not thoroughly cleaned and set up. Also, room did not have refrigerator or microwave. No flat screen tv. Bed was older and squeeked with ripped sheets and bedspread. Pillows were old and lumpy.

Although all Red Roofs are pet friendly, this one did not have a designated area for them outside.

Upon checking out in morning front desk gentleman could not figure out how to deduct for my AAA card.

Breakfast was Tang (not OJ), apple juice, coffee and glazed donuts.....nothing healthy.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ashok1401, Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn . i am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. please accept my sincerest apologies. we strive to provide every customer with superior service therefore your feedback is very important to us. i want you to know that we are takinging appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The room at this Red Roof Inn was fabulous!! It was a big room with two double beds, which meant we both got a good nights sleep....it was away from the highway, and was very quiet. It was clean, with no signs of mold in the bathroom, which we found in a lot of other motel rooms on our five week trip. There was a Mexican resturant and a buffet at a Casino available, with no gambling required. We will definitely stay here again on our trip through in December.

Room Tip: We used the coupon in a free booklet that we picked up at the welcome center, when we crossed the st...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashok1401, Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

we are glade you enjoy your stay and had a good night sleep. we are looking forward for you
next stay.
ashok

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We've been coming to this motel for the past three years an average of four times during the year. We never had any problems. We sure never had any bed bugs or stains on our sheets. I would not come back if that happened. The staff is always very friendly and helpful to all our needs. The rooms are clean and they are replacing the old TV's with flat screens. The heat always worked great in the winter and the air always worked great in the summer. The summers in this area get very hot! This is a place to stay for a very reasonable price. They are also very pet friendly. We will be back many more times.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

thank you for your stay we are very happy to help any way we can you know we love pets
see you next time.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was my free room stay, and I wish I would of held on for a different Red Roof. Anyhow, made my reservation on the phone and spoke with the motel clerk requesting truck parking. When we got to the motel, there were three semi's parked on the lot. Asked where to park and was told to double up next to those parked already. ???? The night clerk was nice but was having trouble validating my free room cert. on the computor, so that took sometime. Finally got a room booked and had a nice stay for the night rooms needed some updating tho. The reason I titled this review was because of the morning clerk. She acted like we were bothering her. Went up to get breakfast at 6:10am and the door was still locked and looked in and saw that the coffee wasn't even made. "Don't Bother"

Room Tip: Go to a different motel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ashok1401, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience. i am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation. i can assure you that corrective measure will be taken to ensure that similar situation does not occure in the future. thank you for sharing your concerns

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I bought this room on Hotwire.com. Hotwire had it listed as a 2 star. Far from that. I will never use Hotwire again. Usually use Priceline where this room is correctly listed as a one star.

We got into the room and unmade the bed to find a giant stain in the middle of the bed. I called the front desk to tell them and see if we could get some clean sheets. She responded with, "oh not again". And then told me they had no clean sheets. How do you run a hotel and not have clean sheets? Makes you wonder. Do they ever clean them??? Needless to say, we left. And spent 120 on a decent room.

When I called Hotwire I was told there was nothing they could do and they have me 25 dollars in Hotwire bucks. I will never use them because I will never use Hotwire.com again. See attached pic of lovely "whatever it is" stained bed.

• Stayed: January 2013
Ashok1401, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn . i am sorry that your experince did not meet your expectation. please accept my sincerest apologies. we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.