“Not my definition of "Quality"”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Was forced to stay here when we couldn't figure out how to enter the Comfort Suites next door. Lots of one-way access roads, on-ramps, etc. Did NOT have a chance to check the tripadvisor reviews, sadly.

PROS: Owner was very friendly. Biscuit gravy at breakfast was delicious. Rooms were slightly more than adequate.

CONS: Where to start?
The building smells faintly of mildew and smoke. Furnishings and carpet are a bit old.

The staff clearly doesn't want to work here, and care even less about the guests. The night duty woman was frowny and untalkative, and too busy with her cell phone conversations. The morning desk lady was similarly unhappy with her lot.

Breakfast was the worst continental breakfast I've ever experienced. When we came down at 7:30, there was no coffee. We asked the lady, and she started the coffee and wandered off, so my wife had to finish it and put it out for the guests. We had to ask for milk for the cereal. We had to ask for batter for the waffle machine. Half of the toaster was broken. The juice machine was dispensing orange-tinted water. During all this, guests milled about trying to cobble together something edible.

Price: way, way too much for this barely adequate facility. Final bill was one hundred dollars and change, with tax, and AAA discount. I might pay half this much if I was in a pinch and didn't have my family with me.

I strongly recommend visiting the Comfort Suites next door, and spending your money in a place where you feel welcome. I will never again set foot in a Quality Inn.

I can't believe this place has been receiving bad reviews for 6 years and the owner has apparently done nothing to fix any of the problems.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Qbeing
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed April 18, 2012

They never upgraded their GPS location. Took an extra thirty minutes to find place. Non Smoking room had cigarette burns on blanket. Very cheap in the bathroom, only one face towel and one shower towel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here for these prices, it should be $20-30 less
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paceme300
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We were headed to Oklahoma from Georgia and wanted to get through Memphis on Sunday evening (instead of Monday morning). For us the location was good, but the Good ends there!! Being close to the highway, it was very noisy!! The carpets were gross and sticky, we kept our shoes on! The bathroom was the worst: we killed a spider, there was something splattered on the walls (blood, poo, mud?), and we are pretty sure there was MOLD!! One of our party had an asthma attack and thinks the mold triggered it!!! She reported it to the front desk and all they did was take $7 off her bill. Breakfast was tiny, coffe was " terrible"! We will not stay again!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Soonertravelers0157
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is an good spot to stay for an over night trip if traveling on I40. It is right by the highway so can be a bit noisey, but is easy to get off and get back on. Hotel was fine. Nothing fancy, but for an overnight stay, go for it if traveling thru on I 40.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Tge rooms were clean but one of the lamps was non working. There were four people in our room but there were only towels enough for three. We had to get extras at the desk. Also, the tissues were out. The breakfast was all carbs; not very diabetic-friendly. The need to add a protein like hard boiled eggs or something of that nature.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very friendly staff, both evening & morning. Breakfast was presented well & good. Rather hard to get to from I 40 & back on I 40. I enjoyed the hot tub.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This Hotel/ Motel is VERY dirty! Checked in last week and the owner was watching a soccer game on the hotel lobby computer. Took him 5 mins to check me in and forgot to give me the room keys and also gave me the wrong log-in for the internet. The room was dirty with mold around the A/C unit with flys in the room too.

The Hotel is OVER priced (over $90) and the BTW the owner was wearing the same clothes the next morning...WOW!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business