“I would not recommend this place to anybody!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Memphis
Twentieth Century Motel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First of all.. This place is not in the best part of town.. But we paid 185 for a week for a 2 bed room. We decided thos place cause it was cheap. We walked in our room 120 and it was the most disgusting place I have ever been. We automatically turned around and demanded a refund. They sais they do not do refunds. We had been there for maybe 5 minutes and they wouldn't give our money back. We threw a fit and they said we can look at a better room. ROOM 108. It was pretty clean for the most part. A lot nicer than the other one. Nice fridge and microwave. also you get direct TV! So it was not terrible! But I wouldn't recommend it to anybody planning to stay alone.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank destinyjames
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My experience was terrible. The owner is a cheapskate who doesnt take pride in his work. I was given a key. Yes, a cheap, traditional stick key in keyhole and turn key, not a programmable keycard. This isn't safe as you could lose it or someone could steal the key or make a copy and break into your room. The door was already unlocked, anyone or anything couldve just walked right in and waited to mug me or worse. The beds werent made and were disgusting. The mattresses were damaged and from at least the seventies with no sheets on them and were very uncomfortable. The bathroom smelled like urine. The door apparently wouldnt lock all the way and while i was using the restroom a maid walked in the room without knocking and didnt apologize. I parked in the nearest legitimate, yellow lines-parking spot only to be disturbed by phone and told i had to move and park further away on a cement slab. There is no onsite laundry wash. The tenant nextdoor had at least 5 cats which at least two of them were non neutered males so when i left to go to a laundromat my car stunk of territorial cat spray. When i got in late that night i was disturbed by phone again by a creepy, unfamiliar person who apparently watched me go into my room and tried to involve me in some kind of illegal activity. The room was overrun with roaches. Feeling threatened by the wack jobs i was surrounded by, embarrassed that i would ever give a dump like this a chance just to save a buck, and ready to seriously injure the next person who approaches me, i had to just leave the key in the window slot as no one was available to check me out. I had to call the next morning to confirm that i got checked out and wouldn't be charged again. I hope the place burns to the ground (with no one in it of course).

• Stayed: July 2012