“Not what I expected at all.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I first want to say, please take any and all negative reviews on here with a grain of salt.

I was apart of the 2013 Arkansas Legislative Black Caucus, and we stayed at this location.
I want to say from the moment we arrived we were carted hand and foot by the ENTIRE staff. I have never seen a hotel Staff with so much dedication and commitment to their standards of their hotel. The rooms was tenfold beyond my expectations, the lobby and breakfast area, was a spectacular "clubhouse style" area with great history and decor and such a welcoming environment.

The location was pretty convenient, having a wonderful Cracker Barrell across the street.

Armed Security/police stayed/protrolled the grounds each night and regularly.

Warm free cookies welcomed you at front desk as well as several other snacks and other amenities to buy.

Had a lovely pool room and fitness center beside it.

Once again the staff from all the way for the miraculous General Manager Shawna, treated us as if she was our own mother, she was so kind and caring for everything, and even stayed late both nights to help us with our events.
Roy the front desk representative, far exceeded his job duties, and I even saw him handle a very uncooperative guest with the upmost respect and dignity.
The night auditer lady (can't remember her name), also checked in several times with us, to make sure everything with our events and our stay was more than satisfactory.

We all know It's the little things that count, and it the little things that we as guest notice. And let me tell you, this hotel not only understands that, but it was evident that they pour their Heart and soul into every detail for the guest. From the maids, the management and to the check-in staff; they all excel and I hope they know that their attitude and service does NOT go unnoticed, even though they might not realize it.

I want to thank them all once again for their tremendous hospitality, and gratitude they showed us and the Legislators during our entire stay!

I urge anyone coming around this area to, at least stop in and see for your self, don't take my word for it, just see for your self! And enjoy the service and comfort we received! Thanks again and God bless.
- Jake C

1  Thank Jcritcher
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Jcritcher,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis, AR. It certainly was our pleasure to take care of you and your associates during your retreat. I will certainly share this review with the staff as encouragement, as we continue to strive to make every guests stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again.

With our best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a beautiful Hotel. Love the decor, especially the flags. The historical collection of flags on display is so appreciated. Nia, desk clerk was very nice. Paula, thank you, breakfast was delicious. The rooms were pristine! Beds were so comfortable, slept like a baby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

TLCNANA2013 - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis, AR. I will share your review with the owners and staff as encouragement, as we strive to make each guest experience memorable. I am glad you appreciate the American Flag display in our lobby. Our owners wanted to share his collection so others may enjoy them too. Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

With our best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Desk staff were wonderful as usual - biggest issue was internet service - if you can not log in, typing "www.yellow.com" will conect you quicker (tip from their internet service provider) - also room seemed to be a little worn and showerhead did not work properly. Thankfully I was only there for one night. Have stayed here a few years back and had a much better experience. There are several fast food restaurants nereby but anything else (except Cracker Barrel) requires a drive. Will explore other options on the tennessee side of the river next trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear UTCFan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with us at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis, AR. We have shared your review with our management team, owners and staff, to ensure we are offering the best customer experience every time. We do look forward to seeing you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to this area. We would like the opportunity to make your next experience the best.

With warm regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you want a history of our beautiful United States of America flags, stay here! I am proud to be American & pleased to see the owner of this Hotel sharing his historical collection of flags on display as you walk into this wonderful Hotel! The rooms were pristine! Beds were like sleeping in clouds. The staff was everything you could ask for & more. The large selection you were given for the free breakfast was both satisfying & healthy. Thanks for such a wonderful nite stay in your beautiful Hotel. Thank you for showing your American pride & work pride! A very pleased customer & I will stay here again when I am in your city again! ><}}}*>

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Lilith W,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our Comfort Suites in West Memphis, AR. We are delighted that you enjoyed our display of the American Flag collection the owner has shared with everyone. It was certainly our pleasure to take care of you during your stay with us. We do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

For me having to travel for my job I usually try to stay at some nice hotels, comfort suites being one, but not this one. I apprised to see evidence of the previous guest. There was a dirty towel hanging up in the shower that was used to cover the floor after showering, this was used by the previous guest along with all the dirt on it. Also the bar of soap that the previous guest used was still in the tub, which lets me know the tub hadn't been cleaned. Also, the guest left their room key and McDonald's receipt on the drawer.

Dear BLKSUPRMAN74,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis, AR. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the housekeeping issues on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to West Memphis.

Hospitably,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I arrived to this property on 9/28 and left on September 4th. During my entire stay, I found my requests and interactions with your staff members,to be awesome. They were not only met with a smile but ended with a positive resolution.

Room Tip: All of the guests in my party found their rooms to be extremely convenient and comfortable