“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Springfield, Missouri
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed there on our way back from Biloxi, Ms. heading towards Springfield, Mo. They had two large groups (reunions) and I thought I would have a problem with the noise and the free breakfast the next day. I was wrong. The staff handled the numerous people in an excellent manner. At breakfast the next day, they were very well organized and kept asking (staff) if they could help in any way to insure our satisfaction. Even the owner was present and pitched in to help, cleaning tables,picking up items off the floor etc. I would recommend this hotel over other places I have stayed in the Memphis area.

Room Tip: All the room are great
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gjr19
SuitePeaWestMemphis, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear GJR19,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay here with us at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis, AR. We are always delighted to share with the staff the positive feedback we receive. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you again if your travels bring you to our area.

Shawna Rhinehart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We didn't arrive until 10:30pm. The clerk at the front desk was so nice and thoughtful!! He asked us if we needed exrta bedding...without us having to ask! We stayed on the third floor. We had two queen beds and a sofa bed. Plenty of room for the night. Breakfast was hot and good. Plenty left when we went around 8am. Great location if you are traveling hwy 55.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank lorinjer
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear lorinjer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis, AR. We appreciate the opportunity to have hosted you. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on July 21 in Room 404. The room was large and had two Queen beds and a sofa. The bed was pretty comfortable. What I didn't like was the two bugs on the ceiling we had to share the room with. Also, the cobwebs on the wall. How hard is it to get a duster and handle this problem? Tacky.

I didn't have breakfast, but my understanding is that it was not good. There is a Cracker Barrel across the street that was good. I recommend going there.

Next time I come to town I will keep going. Based on the reviews I was expecting more. It was disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank miltowntraveler
Dear Miltowntraveler,

I appreciate the opportunity to have hosted you while you were traveling through our area. I am disappointed to learn your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We are proactive with a monthly pest control program, and when we see or hear of sightings, we call our service right away to take care of that. I apologize that your suite was less than it should have been We do use our reviews as a training tool to help our staff. We want each of our guests to feel welcomed and taken care of in a clean environment. We do offer a wide variety of items on our breakfast bar and we are willing to hear from our guests what more we can do to make your stay, more of what you expect. If your travels bring you back to this area, we would like you to reconsider passing us by. It is with our sincerest hospitality we appreciate you!

Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

All staff were unbelievably courteous and friendly! Terri the front desk clerk checked us in with a warm greeting with genuine pleasure. Paula, the breakfast host, was so sweet and accommodating. There were many guests (every room practically booked) she had to serve and prepare for the weekend we were there, since there were 2 family reunion groups, yet she was smiling and very pleasant as she worked so hard to ensure everyone was satisfied. All housekeeping staff were kind and hospitable as well, always greeting you with a smile every morning and throughout the day. What really amazed me was how all of staff interacted with one another. They were like a cozy little family. They actually liked each other...and it showed!!! This was by far the best hotel with the best people I have EVER stayed in.

The only con is the price. I do believe it was more costly than it should've been. Especially considering it's West Memphis and when compared to the other hotels in the city. If not for that, my rating would have DEFINITELY been 5 stars. MY ACTUAL RATING....4 1/2 STARS!!!

1 Thank Luv2Travelot
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Luv2Travelot,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us here at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis. We appreciate your kind comments concerning our staff and accommodations. It is our sincere pleasure to have hosted you and your family while traveling through this area. We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit.

Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed July 10, 2013

While I would not recommend staying in West Memphis (as opposed to going into Memphis) unless you are traveling along a highway that makes it convenient, the bed in this hotel was totally worth it! It was SUPER comfortable. I was on a long road trip, and my body relaxed completely in this bed. Also, the staff at this hotel were all very friendly and attentive, and the breakfast was nice.

1 Thank AEB_MN
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our comfortable beds. I hope you found our convenient location just off the interstate is only 6 miles from Downtown Memphis. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to this area.

New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This site was as advertised, and our party of four had no complaints. The staff was solicitous on check in, and the beds were luxurious after a hard day of travel. Well worth a visit! And the breakfast was more varied than at many other chain motels.

1 Thank Clark H
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience here with us. We strive to provide our guests with the most comfortable accommodations and we are glad you were able to rest well during your stay. We look forward to taking care of you the next time your travels bring you to this area.

Hospitably,

Comfort Suites West Memphis
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed 1 night recently with family while traveling for combo business/pleasure. The physical facility is nice, well above average for the brand. The rooms are quite large and generally comfortable. Floor-to-floor noise from above was a big problem for us (apparently several kids in room above who like to jump.) Pool is indoors and comfortable, but no jacuzzi. AC is a window unit with wall controls -- and ours made a high-pitched humming sound like crickets (which made it hard to sleep even after the elephants above finally settled in for the night.) Tub/shower combo has a base that slopes from outside toward the middle -- making it very slippery while showering. I noticed this right away as it used to be a problem in an apartment I lived in years ago. Despite being careful, I still slipped while trying to get out. Breakfast area is very nice, spacious, and breakfast was a little better than similar hotels often offer.
I booked a state rate online as I was traveling in part on business. The site did not specify AR employees only, and most hotels have honored the rate for me when traveling elsewhere for business. The hotel left a message for me that I didn't receive in time, so I was annoyed to find out on arrival that they "couldn't" honor the rate I booked. In their defense, they did try to contact me ahead of time, but I still thought it was uncool to not go ahead and honor the rate that was booked since they had not been able to reach my in advance so I wouldn't get blindsided at check-in. Certainly, they could have done that -- they just chose not to, which I did not think was very customer friendly.

Summary: Very nice facility, friendly staff, convenient location, but noise was an issue from both the AC, and the floor above. The shower floors are slippery, and the "inability" to honor the rate I booked was not a very welcoming experience at check-in. They should clarify on the choicehotels.com website that the state rate is only valid for Arkansas state employees (especially since the hotel is located within 10 miles or so of both Tennessee and Mississippi as well.)

Room Tip: Choose the top floor if possible to avoid considerable potential for noise transmission from floor t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business