“Grand Hotel Feel”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Abingdon, Virginia
“Grand Hotel Feel”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I first selected this hotel due to the positive ratings of others and I was not let down. My experience started with the pleasant clerk who took my phone reservation, then continued with a grand entrance, friendly desk clerk, high ceiling suites, comfortable beds, hot shower and hot breakfast which included a delicious pumkin spiced waffle, scrambled eggs, diced potatoes, sausage, gravy and grits.
There was also lots of lighted parking for cars pulling a trailer as I did. Looking forward to my return stay this coming Saturday, on my way back home to NC from a short stay in OK.
A little hard to get across I-40 from West bound, so make sure you turn where it says 7th street beside Shell station), don't trust Google Maps App on your IPhone :(.

Room Tip: Although close to I-40, traffic noise was minor with AC/Heat Fan turned on. Ask for room away from I...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Excellent place and the best option in the area - by far! Our King Suite came with a AAA discount ($100!) and was just great. The room was really large, with a fantastic bed, a separate seating area and... free wireless. Breakfast was very good, too. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, fresh fruit, yoghurt, etc. The staff was nice and friendly and although it was on the highway, it was really quiet. There's a good-sized pool (ok for lap swimming) and plenty of TV channels.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were in town for the St. Jude's Marathon 12/2/11 in downtown Memphis and stayed at this hotel, cheaper and newer than most downtown motels. My sister was impressed at the friendliness and accommodating reservationist. They allowed us to check in 2-3 hours early, helpful so that we weren't leaving valuables in our car, and they informed us of a holiday party taking place that night, told us about breakfast and gave us a late check out option. Despite the party, which we didn't even see because they told us we could use a side entrance, it was super quiet, comfortable and really enjoyable. Plus my mom loved the southern hospitality and the "yes, ma'ams". Desk clerk, manager, breakfast lady and even the maid we ran into were polite, friendly and accommodating. Would definitely go back again. Also plenty of parking (no charge), lots of hot breakfast food, free internet, clean pool and exercise room. Only downside was it was too quiet! 5 minutes to downtown Memphis.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Awesome place, very close to the freeway but quiet. Staff is very friendly. Rooms are big. Very well appointed. Beds are comfortable. Just an Awesome place over all. For sure will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were on our way to Harding University to visit my niece, and we stayed one night after seeing the hotel from the interstate. The front desk staff was friendly, putting our party in rooms next door to each other, and they allowed our friends to use our
AAA discount as well, which was much appreciated! The room was spacious and very clean, the sheets immaculate, and the towels even smelled good (one of my main tests of a hotel's cleanliness). The breakfast was extensive with everything anyone would want. We were very pleased!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed overnight and found the hotel very comfortable and quite new. The rooms are large and equipped with everything one needs. Although I didn't use the exercise room, the equipment seemed very complete. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was clean. The towels were thicker than I was expecting in a comfort inn. Breakfast was more that adequate. Everything was refilled promptly

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Monroe, GA
Reviewed September 27, 2011

As I am retired and travel quite a bit, this was without doubt the finest Comfort Suites I have ever lodged in. Although very hard to find in West Memphis, AR......I was stunned at the atmosphere that greeted me upon arrival. The lobby is huge and takes your breath away upon entering. The patriotic theme with old flags hanging on the wall told me that this was the perfect place to stay. Staff was extremely accommodating and the rooms were exceedingly spacious. The staff sent me to the best BBQ ribs I have ever had in my life. They were very gracious and appreciated our visit. What more can I say?

Room Tip: Rely on staff recommendations on where to eat!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple