“Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Room was clean and large. Staff was very friendly. Check in was a breeze. We will stay again when in this area.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for AAA, AARP or other available discounts
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
arkansas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for two reasons. The interior of our house was painted and we couldn't stand the fumes. Also, it had an indoor pool for our 5 year old son. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. My son loved the hotel staff. The hotel itself is clean. The owner has a collection of flags in the lobby that was really neat and we enjoyed looking at them. The downsides were the value for the price wasn't there and the indoor pool was extremely cold. We were told that the owner required them to keep the temperature at 70 degrees. So the pool experience was not as pleasant as we hoped. Would I stay again. Yes if I had an unlimited budget. For the location it was over priced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank joypr
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Was in town for a quick overnight visit. Flew into Memphis International and took the 20 min. drive over to the Arkansas side. The hotel is sitting in the middle of a field, but I guess that's Arkansas, right?

The staff were very courteous and friendly and the rooms were nice and well-appointed. Free internet and I didn't have to call down to the front desk to get a code or deal with any hassles as far as plugging in (WiFi).

Since I was only there for one night, I hit Beale St. and had some AMAZING ribs at Blues City Cafe. I did a lot of canvassing of the locals and the opinion seemed to be Rendezvous for BBQ and Blues City for ribs. As soon as I sat down at the bar and saw two cops sitting there chowing down, I figured it was going to be good--and it was! Cole slaw was so-so and the beans were yummy. Also, two slices of toast that I was going to toss out, but glad I'm didn't, because they must be putting sugar in their butter down South--yummy!

Cruised to Coyote Ugly (dead) and B.B. Kings place (kinda loud and touristy), then got a tip to check out Bar Dawg, which is off Beale and more of a local hangout. Good tip! Nice to hang with the locals and have a bourbon or two.

I know this is supposed to be a review about the hotel, but I was only there for one night, so I didn't really take advantage of the amenities. Pool was nothing special. Indoor and you could swim some laps if the other guests aren't already cavorting.

Enjoyed my stay and the good Southern Folk in Memphis and West Memphis!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed on the fourth floor of the Comfort Suites in West Memphis for one night. Although we'd hoped to sleep in on the following morning, we were awakened by a steady drip, drip, drip that turned out to be rainwater leaking from the ceiling. The water was also leaking down the wall by our door and soaking the carpet. Thank goodness we hadn't stored any of our belongings in that spot! I reported the leak to the clerk at the front desk before and during our checkout, but she did not offer to discount our stay. As we were leaving, we noticed that a bucket had been set up in our hallway to catch water that was leaking from the ceiling in that location as well. We ended up paying full price for a room (approximately $135 + tax) that failed to shelter us from the elements! I'd expect to experience a leak if I were camping in a tent outdoors but not when staying in what appeared to be a fairly new hotel!

In addition to this weather-related issue, we could clearly hear the voices and conversations coming from the room next door. The walls were so thin between our room and theirs that it made me self-conscious about having a private conversation with my husband. I really felt like we needed to whisper in order not to be overheard by neighboring guests.

Unfortunately, our stay at this Comfort Suites has discouraged me from wanting to stay at another--even one in a different location. I rely heavily on customer feedback when planning trips for us and actually chose this hotel based on the positive reviews it had received here on TripAdvisor. But as I've expressed, we were very disappointed with our stay. Here's hoping that others have a more positive experience than we did!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stopped on our way to Memphis when we saw this new hotel from the interstate. We booked 2 rooms and had a very pleasant stay. Breakfast at the hotel was more than you usually see. On the downside, they charge $1.50 for each washer/dryer use, and the wall-mounted flat screen TV seemed small in such a large suite plus it doesn't tilt for easy viewing from the sitting area. We took the back road 3 short miles to have a great meal at Colton's Steak House in Marion, too.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MsCheap1
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This is a very impressive Comfort Suites. Very Welcoming Lobby and common spaces. The lobby's "Great Room" with a fireplace, mounted TV and Bookshelves looked very "homey". The included breakfast offered "make your own waffles", cereal, scrambled eggs, juices, yogurt, fruit, pastries. There were also attendants there to assist with breakfast. Great Value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DisneyWorldorBust
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stay at thsi location evrytime I travel through the area and I am not lowing my previosus evaluation of thsi property. I am pointign out an issue that I just had at the front desk. I am a mmebr of the Choice Hotels program and make my reservatiosn through that site. I arrieved at the hotel and was ask for my credit card which diplays my photo. I was then told by the counter clerk that he needed my driver's license and I ask why and he said for identification. I showed him my license and he wanted it removed from my billfold as he wanted to copy it. There is absolutely no need for a hotel clerk to copy ones driver's license and I refused. I pointed out I was a previous customer fo the hotel, had made my reservation through the hotel's reservation system and had presented a photo credit card and that I would not permit copying of my driver's license. I have read about this approach at a hotel where the room is rented by the hour---but at a first class operation? I will stay elsewhere and that is what's going to happen on my return trip as I cancelled the next reservation at this hotel and booked another location. I know some reviewers will not approve of my action however permitting your driver's licnse to be copied is just as bad as leaving your passport at the front desk. You are just asking for future problems.More than likely I will never see this clerk again. I just wonder how many driver's license copies a hotel clerk will have if he decides to leave the company. As a law enforcement person for more than 40 years I learned a long time ago not to trust everyone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple