“CARE LESS ATTITUDE”

Granite City, Illinois
“CARE LESS ATTITUDE”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Reviewed July 28, 2012 NEW

Not bad hotel at all if you dont turn on the light to see the "normal for around this area" big black bugs. Dont expect internet to be in your room, but dont expect them to tell you, instead you must read the sign on the counter, inspite of the website stating they offer free internet. They claim to be "nearly sold out" when they just dont have more than 30% of their rooms in rentable condition> (per the desk clerk)
The breakfast was deliscious if you like puddles of melted butter and cracks in the tub they provided that had been re-refrigerated and the sweet roles were so dry you could throw them and they would bounce.

Truly our worst night stay in 16 nights due to the care less attitude. The bugs and the bad butter were better than their attitude. This is an example of where these people need to stay working where they are, because they wouldnt make it in the real hospitality business.

Room Tip: have no idea since black bugs are said to be "normal in this area, everyone has them"

Room Tip: Go next door.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very friendly staff and very close to major highways! Great customer service! Hotel has policy they charge for room upfront but notify customer ahead of time allowing them to check and inspect the room prior to charge the credit card. We did not find the TV remote control in the room so we ask for one in the main office. They showed us how to program it. They even called the room to make sure that it worked.
Defenitely staying again when going back.

G. Muniz
Miami, FL

Room Tip: If hotel charges upfront, request to inspect room upfront also.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, California
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The staff was very friendly but not too helpful. They told us, the wifi would not work and somehow it worked anyway after all. The gym was closed. The towels and bed sheets were plain nasty and the carpet had a funk to it.
The breakfast was OK, but really crowded and loud.
Overall, the motel lacks cleaness and laundry detergent, but the staff tries to be nice at least.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these West Memphis hotels

Nun Ya
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I Only Picked this Motel because It had easy access on/off the expressway. I was on my way to the Midwest and stopped to get some rest so I could get a fresh start the next morning. The rooms are absolutely Filthy and Disgusting ! The bathrooms and showers are sooooo Disgusting and Filthy; I Wouldn’t dare walk barefoot on the floors of this Flea bag Motel or you will need to get a Tetanus Shot ! I had to stand on towels in the tub to be able to take a shower in there ! There are Huge Roaches and Water bugs running around on the floors and up the walls !!!! My stay was extremely Horrible And even though I complained to the front desk numerous time ; these Losers would not even give me a refund ! I have never stayed anywhere as Filthy and Horrible such as this place and I will Never , Ever, Ever Go to this Dump Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Was not even able to Sleep because I was so paranoid of what Rodents and Bugs were running around this Dump in the dark So I Ended up Checking out of my room at 3 A.M. Because I couldn’t Sleep and I couldn’t take it anymore !!!! Even though I was extremely Tired I couldn’t stay there any longer !!! Do Not Stay Here ! This Place needs to be Bull Dozed and Rebuilt !!!!! I Will Never, Ever, Ever stay here Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Please Do Not Stay Here ; there are Huge Bugs Running along the floors and up the walls...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TRAVELLOVER7611
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stopped at this facility for one night on the way to a relative's funeral the next day. I needed high-speed wifi as I had two reports that I needed to submit that night. I was told at check-in that wifi was only available at the outdoor patio but some close-by rooms might be able to receive a signal. I was given a room near the patio as I was very tired from a long drive and did not want to find another hotel as it was near 8 p.m.

The room itself was adequate, but the bathroom was not very clean. A used cotton-tip swab was on the floor near the bathtub and the rim at the top of the shower stall was dusty with some hair.

The pillows on the two beds were folded in half inside the pillow cases so that to be usable, I had to take a pillow out of the pillow case and lay it out like a regular pillow, then put it back into the pillow case. A small aggravation but totally unnecessay. There were six pillows in all and they looked cutesy on the beds folded up as they were, but again, totally unnecessary.

The TV, which I did not watch, had only channels 2-22 available for some reason. The front desk clerk apologized for that and I said you should give a discount for the lack of services - she gave me $5.00 off what I considered a reasonable rate.

The morning continental breakfast was OK. Cereal with milk, apples and oranges, and a variety of sweets and toast were available along with orange juice.

Would I stay at this facility again? No.

Room Tip: If you must have wifi - ask to be located near the patio and then take a chance on reception.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Willx
Kentville, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We spent a week at this location in March, 2012. For the price, it was great value. The rooms were large with micro/frig. The staff were extremely accomodating and friendly. The area was quiet. The continental breakfast was sufficient. The room was clean and we had no problem with the shower. The only thing that might be of critical interest would be the pillows, and I expect the inconsistency would be caused from over laundering. We were very satisfied and would certainly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ellie206_11
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I usually do not write reviews.. actually this is my first. But this place was terrible from beginning to end. We got to the hotel about 45 minutes early and not a single car in the parking lot, however when we go to check in the lady at the counter tells us no rooms are clean and we will have to wait 45 minutes for a room to be clean. We wait in the lobby and the employees bring their young children to work with them... kids running and screaming all over and the employees are gossiping in the back room not even watching the kids just gave them candy and free run of the lobby. Finally we get a room and it is dirty, wall paper falling off the walls, phone with no buttons so you can not dial if you needed to, literaly someone stole the buttons. shower was nasty. And best of all is the sign by the toilet about going green, but that you need to flush the toilet continuasly while you are going. ( isnt that a waste of water?) So they adverstise having free wifi. and a gym... LOL the gym is in a dark stinky room and they have 2 pieces of equipment. and the wifi would not work... we tried on 3 computers and nothing... went to front desk. ( we could not call cuz no buttons on phone) and they tell us that the wireless sometimes works in certain spots OUTSIDE... but not in the rooms and not all the time. Now for the next morning breakfast... if you like hard bread and slimmy donuts you will have your fill of food...otherwise go to a restaurant in the area. And the staff was not very helpful on anything.. Not rude just not helpful. Stay at your own risk. And one more thing.. had 2 teens with us and the shower was so scary they refused to take a shower. For 60 bucks a night ( which is what we paid ) go a few exits up and they have some nicer places.

Room Tip: to get a good room... stay at another place
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family