“Disappointing”

Extend a Suites West Memphis
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stopped at this facility for one night on the way to a relative's funeral the next day. I needed high-speed wifi as I had two reports that I needed to submit that night. I was told at check-in that wifi was only available at the outdoor patio but some close-by rooms might be able to receive a signal. I was given a room near the patio as I was very tired from a long drive and did not want to find another hotel as it was near 8 p.m.

The room itself was adequate, but the bathroom was not very clean. A used cotton-tip swab was on the floor near the bathtub and the rim at the top of the shower stall was dusty with some hair.

The pillows on the two beds were folded in half inside the pillow cases so that to be usable, I had to take a pillow out of the pillow case and lay it out like a regular pillow, then put it back into the pillow case. A small aggravation but totally unnecessay. There were six pillows in all and they looked cutesy on the beds folded up as they were, but again, totally unnecessary.

The TV, which I did not watch, had only channels 2-22 available for some reason. The front desk clerk apologized for that and I said you should give a discount for the lack of services - she gave me $5.00 off what I considered a reasonable rate.

The morning continental breakfast was OK. Cereal with milk, apples and oranges, and a variety of sweets and toast were available along with orange juice.

Would I stay at this facility again? No.

Room Tip: If you must have wifi - ask to be located near the patio and then take a chance on reception.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Willx
There are newer reviews for Extend a Suites West Memphis

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We spent a week at this location in March, 2012. For the price, it was great value. The rooms were large with micro/frig. The staff were extremely accomodating and friendly. The area was quiet. The continental breakfast was sufficient. The room was clean and we had no problem with the shower. The only thing that might be of critical interest would be the pillows, and I expect the inconsistency would be caused from over laundering. We were very satisfied and would certainly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ellie206_11
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I usually do not write reviews.. actually this is my first. But this place was terrible from beginning to end. We got to the hotel about 45 minutes early and not a single car in the parking lot, however when we go to check in the lady at the counter tells us no rooms are clean and we will have to wait 45 minutes for a room to be clean. We wait in the lobby and the employees bring their young children to work with them... kids running and screaming all over and the employees are gossiping in the back room not even watching the kids just gave them candy and free run of the lobby. Finally we get a room and it is dirty, wall paper falling off the walls, phone with no buttons so you can not dial if you needed to, literaly someone stole the buttons. shower was nasty. And best of all is the sign by the toilet about going green, but that you need to flush the toilet continuasly while you are going. ( isnt that a waste of water?) So they adverstise having free wifi. and a gym... LOL the gym is in a dark stinky room and they have 2 pieces of equipment. and the wifi would not work... we tried on 3 computers and nothing... went to front desk. ( we could not call cuz no buttons on phone) and they tell us that the wireless sometimes works in certain spots OUTSIDE... but not in the rooms and not all the time. Now for the next morning breakfast... if you like hard bread and slimmy donuts you will have your fill of food...otherwise go to a restaurant in the area. And the staff was not very helpful on anything.. Not rude just not helpful. Stay at your own risk. And one more thing.. had 2 teens with us and the shower was so scary they refused to take a shower. For 60 bucks a night ( which is what we paid ) go a few exits up and they have some nicer places.

Room Tip: to get a good room... stay at another place
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank tracy v
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The Howard Johnson was the worst hotel I stayed at in my life. The bathroom for starters was dirty and the shower had so much dirt in it. Also the fridge had a funny smell and the phone did not work that good. Also it was patches in the wall and in the night time you will either hear a train for a hour or you will hear a car alarm going off. Also the have people working on cars by the hotel rooms. The continental breakfast did not really have anything good. Also they give you your room depending on how much you pay because we had a crappy room but we saw the curtains open in a room and the other room looked nice. You want my advice. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: You should look up the reviews and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dominic B
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We spent two nights here for a weekend event in downtown Memphis. This hotel was very reasonably priced and not that far from downtown (maybe 15 minutes). My first impression was that the room was a bit old and worn, but more importantly it was clean and quiet. Lobby area was nice and the desk clerk was friendly. A good value overall if you're just looking for a place to sleep. We didn't have the breakfast. There is an Applebees next door and a Cracker Barrel a few blocks away. Pay close attention to find the highway exit if coming from the east.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This was Hotel was a very friendly place to stay and we were treated well. Thanks for the info on where to go and do some site seeing too!

Room Tip: Worth staying in
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our stay in September. The lobby looks nice and newer but the room we got was older inside. It was clean but kind of shabby looking. We only paid 50 a night so it meet our needs. It had a refrigerator and microwave. It has a basic breakfast. We got some microwave bacon to supplement our breakfast. It is easy to access the interstate and Memphis is right there. But you must pay for parking in Memphis.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family