“Nothing fancy - could be cleaner”

Ramada West Memphis
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Just needed a place to sleep and shower before continuing a road trip. This was one of the only choices I could find near West Memphis. It's an older-style hotel. Probably was a "motel" at one point with outside access to rooms. There is now an interior hallway between your room and the parking lot. Bed was comfortable enough. Cleaning could have been a bit more thorough. At first glance, it was alright. But, later, I found toenail clippings around the trash can in the bathroom, etc. The towels smelt a bit funny as well. Not sure what that was all about. The worst part was the noise from the other rooms. Not sure if it was coming from the hallway or the vent in the bathroom. Will try to find some place else next time I'm in town. I paid $78.14 for a night. I thought it was overpriced as well.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you are not picky.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
jndlrs, General Manager at Ramada West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Guest,
I apologize that your stay at our property was anything less than satisfactory. We appreciate your review and your comments will be addressed. We try very hard to offer clean, comfortable accomodations and when we fail, I appreciate knowing so that we can work on those issues.

It is our hope that if you are in our area again, you will give us another chance to offer our usual great customer service and nice, clean accomodations.

Ramada West Memphis , AR

Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and was driving through To AR after driving from Asheville. We pick this hotels on the base of the reviews. I'm not sure why some many people gave it a 3 or 4 stars. When we first drove up then was not cars in the parking lot and we both look at each other, and wished we could go some where else. My first clue should have told me not to book here. I booked and pay for room on Ramada web site and per there policy no refunds, for any reason now I know why. So we stayed because I was going to just give they my money and have to pay for another hotel. The clerk at the counter action like he hated his job, not rude, but not friendly either. We got our keys and drove around the side to go up to our room and you go through this hallway the was very hot - it felt like the A/C was not on, our room was on the second floor per my request online. The clerk at the counter did not bother to tell us the elevator was not working. I have a hard time with stairs. Will we get to the second level and it's even hotter then the downstairs. By now I really want to go some where else. Again we stay, because of the no refund policy. We get to the room and at less it cool and looks clean. The chair at the desk is leaning to one side so bad I can even sitting at the deck to check on emails for the business. The bed was the worst bed I very slept in, I tossed and turned all night and We had to still drive another 12 hours the next morning. I will never ever stay in another Ramada Inn

Room Tip: Stay some where eles
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sewinglady49022
jndlrs, General Manager at Ramada West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2011

Dear Guest,
I apologize that your stay with us was anything less that satisfactory. We try very hard to offer clean, comfortable accomodations at an affordable price and if we failed you in any way, I do apologize. It is our hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in our area again.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was a little concerned because the hotel was right by a busy highway, but the interior hallways kept the noise down. Our room was spotless, beds comfortable, and the "extras" for the bath were great. The best part was the very friendly service at the desk and the next morning at breakfast. We enjoyed our waffles and biscuits with sausage! Everyone was chatting and so helpful. I felt like I was back at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the road. Rooms across from the pool have a nice view. The interior cor...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet L

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate your choosing Ramada West Memphis and we will continue to do our best at comfort, cleanliness and friendly staff. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I've been to this hotel twice this year, both in Jan. and in Aug.. the staff is friendly and helpful, the room are comfortable and the hotel is just 10 min. from Downtown Memphis. that makes it handy to the Cook Center and most anything else you might want to visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
jndlrs, General Manager at Ramada West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you so much for the good review. We appreciate your patronage and will continue to do our best to provide comfortable, clean lodging at an affordable price. Thanks again for choosing Ramada West Memphis and the great review.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The hotel is clean, no complaints on that front. Breakfast was minimal, and at exactly 9:30 the food service stops, and if you were pouring cereal from the dispenser the lady in charge turned the dispenser around, we ended up with 2 froot loops in a bowl. Also, at 10:30 (30 minutes before check-out) the internet connection was turned off .. now I am only summarizing based on our breakfast experience, this was done to get us out .. was annoying as we were only trying to catch up on a few emails and update our travel blog when the connection was terminated.

Overall, we were happy with the roof and bed, but the extras seemed to be limited in a controlled manner that left us unimpressed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
jndlrs, General Manager at Ramada West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Guest,
I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than satisfactory. First, I can assure you that the hotel never turns off our internet. Our service provider (Comcast) has been having some issues in our area and they have been working to fix it. If the internet goes down anywhere on the property, it also affects the office as well. I do apologize for your inconvenience. I also apologize for any issues at the breakfast area. Our hours are from 6:30 - 9:30 am and they are on a schedule to get everything put away and cleaned up, however if they rushed you or was rude in any way I am very sorry for that. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide our ususal good service if you are in our area again.

Ramada West Memphis, AR

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I am from Holland and came to Memphis for Elvis Presley. I stayed here the first week of May for the whole week. I got a room with a fridge after the very nice lady at the reception had seen I would stay a week. I didn't even have to ask for it. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and very affordable. The staff is friendly and very helpfull. There is free access to a computer with internet. Downtown Memphis is easy to acces do to the highway next to the hotel. The breakfast was simple, but very good. Next time I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
jndlrs, General Manager at Ramada West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the great review. I remember meeting and speaking with you. We really appreciate the review and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you in the future!

Ramada West Memphisj

Reviewed July 17, 2011

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and affordable. It is right off the highway with easy access to downtown Memphis. The breakfast was what you would expect from this type of hotel. We did get slightly scolded for making a mess on the waffle maker. Overall, It provided everything we needed for our short stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
jndlrs, General Manager at Ramada West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada West Memphis and for the great review of our hotel. We appreciate your taking the time to do the review. Hope to see you again in the future.